Sign in to follow this  
mulefool

Saddle Stand

I have been thinking about getting one of those saddle stands that articulates for different angles and such, like what Weaver carries. I also know it's possible to just buy a sort of ball joint thing separately and make my own. Does anyone here have one of Weavers or any other manufactured one? Do you like it? Are there things you would change on it? I've already got a barber chair stand that raises with a foot pedal that I've been meaning to make a stand out of, but buying one already made that has the bugs worked out it has alot of appeal. Chris

Chris,

I like the stand from Ron Edmonds a lot. I have the cantle binding attachment that raises up the back. With the height adjustment and raising the back and letting it hang to one side or the other, I can pretty much do everything I need to. If you are going to build one, I'd base it on Ron's design. Gordon Andrus showed an articulating stand he had a month or two ago with a trailer hitch ball. It looked pretty good. Headed out the door, but maybe someone can find that link. There are a few other threads that deal withdifferent stand designs and experiences. too.

Hey thanks for the responses. I forgot Ron made one. This info gives me some food for thought. Chris