ShirleyT

leather storage

I seem to recall a discussion some time ago about hanging sides on the wall - anyone remember? I'm looking to maximize space and storage. Let me know what y'all do...I've got most of my stuff in PVC pipe under the cutting table but I've run out of room there...any help you can offer would be most appreciated.

Shirley

I know that one of mentor's has converted one of her double door closets into her hide storage area. Basically, her hubby built shelves about 3-4 feet starting at the ground and heading up. She has her heaviest hides (for saddles) at the bottom and lighter weights going up. They are all rolled up and tagged with the tanner and weight. The storage sits about 3 feets from her large cutting table for easy access. If I can capture a picture, I will take one for you and post it here.

I keep my sides rolled and covered under my cutting table. I'm sure hanging them would be fine, but I'm mostly concerned with keeping the leather covered and out of any light.

Bob

I keep my sides rolled and covered under my cutting table. I'm sure hanging them would be fine, but I'm mostly concerned with keeping the leather covered and out of any light.

Bob

Thanks and Bob and KingsX - I appreciate the helpful replies.

Shirley