Storm

New Floral Design

Latest doodle turned into a carving. 

Edited by Storm

Very nice work Storm. Very clean. I especially liked the detail in the leaves. Keep up the good work.

LD :taptap:

Storm, I’ve been watching your doodles on floral designs, and I must say it’s very nice to see someone designing new stuff. You are doing and great job and your designs are excellent. Keep up the great work. Can’t wait to see what you come up with next. My best to you, Dennis.

Very nice my friend!

Very Nice!!! That is a nice looking design.

I like the play of the two trees against each other. I though dogwood blooms only have 4 leaves?

I like the play of the two trees against each other. I though dogwood blooms only have 4 leaves?

I think you are meaning to say four petals. Some have four and some have others. :rolleyes: Like this photo by Ansel Adams.

Storm

Edited by Storm

Storm, Your work is great as usual.

You guys just continue to inspire me to do better.

Fair dinkum mate that is awsome !!!! you come up with the best all the time , keep it up.

I am looking foward to seeing your next piece too.

Cheers

Bevan

Edited by Bevan

I really like that. Note to self....learn how to carve leather.

Look great! Are you doing an all in one over the design? If so are you having problems with it blasting into resists? Just wonder.... I love the doodles!

Edited by Tao

Look great! Are you doing an all in one over the design? If so are you having problems with it blasting into resists? Just wonder.... I love the doodles!

Yup I am using a Prairie Tan All-In-One 50% distilled water to dye mix. The resist in Super Shene with three solid layers and making sure to let it all dry thoroughly before using the all-in-one. I use a piece of scrap sheep's wool to apply the dye. Works reall well.

Storm

Sorry, I grew up in Atlanta Ga and then moved to North Carolina. The state flower (year I know it is a tree) of North Carolina is the dogwood. All I have ever known for the last 50 years is the 4 petaled flower. Your leatherwork is very nice. The shape of your dogwoods must be from out west somewhere. 'round here we ain't never seen such as a 5 petaled dogwood.

dogwood.jpg

The Dogwood flower is also the flower of my home town and the ones I have seen have anywhere from 4 to 6 and I have even seen a few with 7 petals.

Other examples and also Al Stohlman used to do Dogwood with 5 petals. They may have four five or six petals. Technically they are not flowers petals but somethings called bracts. In botany, a bract is a modified or specialized leaf, especially one associated with a reproductive structure such as a flower, inflorescence axis, or cone scale. Bracts are often (but not always) different from foliage leaves, for example being smaller, larger, or of a different color or texture.

The  five bract dogwood is the Provincial Flower of British Colombia in Canada. Al Stohlman had a ranch at Cache Creek,British Colombia and the reason why he included five bract in his dogwood designs as well as four!

I just love your work Storm, but for some reason can't see the picture.

B

I just love your work Storm, but for some reason can't see the picture.

B

Here ya go.

Here ya go.

Your work is so amazing Storm! It is beautiful.

B

Your work is so amazing Storm!  It is beautiful.

B

Thanx so much!

Storm

Looks good storm except one thing is jumping out at me. it took me a while to figure out what it was and I think its the stops that are used in the leaves do not look natural I would refine that a touch but other than that you are well on your way to stardome.

Just my two cents you dont have to listen but I always try to

Tim Worley

TK-Leather