leatheroo

Can you talk aussie

The australian government recently bought in a citizenship test, but many people think a translation of the following paragraph would be enough.

Can you translate...you will be an honorary aussie

In the arvo I went to the olds for a barbie. It was BYO so I took some sangers and snags and a slab. The forecast was for a stinker so I was in my stubbies and thongs. Shazza had acca dacca blasting and was pissed as a parrot. It wouldn't be long before she had a chunder! Bluey had one eye glued to the reruns of the aerial ping pong on the box and the other on Shazza, but he had buckleys chance there. Out the back the liquid amber was flowing, the mozzies and blowies had everyone doing the Australian salute. Davo had come in his budgie smugglers, he is such a wanker and a cheap skate to boot. We ran out of grog so I jumped in my ute and went to the local. I grabbed some mackers on the way back. I was nackered by now so I grabbed a possie next to shazza who was talking piffle about some feral yobbo at work. I was too stuffed to answer, so she spat the dummy and pissed off.

Edited by leatheroo

Here's my attempt. Mind you, this is mostly guessing.

In the afternoon I went to an old friends (or old neighborhood) for a bar-b-que. It was bring your own so I brought some beers and chips and a steak. .The forecast was for a hot day so I was in my shorts and flip flops (or sandals). The hostess was playing AC/DC very loud and was very drunk. It wouldn't be long bfore she would vomit. Bluey ( someones name?) was watching a previously recorded tennis match(?) on TV and was also watching the hostess, but she wasn't interested. Out the back everyone was drinking a lot of beer and people were starting to pass out. Dave had come in his speedo swim wear, he is such a jerk and doesn't spend much money. We ran out of beer so I jumped in my Sport utility vehicle (land rover?) went to the local beer selling establishment. I crabbed some snacks on the way back. I was tired by now so I sat down next to the hostess who was complaining about some loser at work. I was too full of food (or drunk) to answer so she called me a dummy and left angry.

I was mostly guessing on this and had to call upon my past experiences watching "Crocodile Dundee" and listening to men at work songs in the eighties.

But it was fun. Thanks.

John

This Blokes in like Flynn.. Not a bad effort at all JohnB You mostly had it.I am going to e-mail that to one of My American friends tonight. I bet a quid or 2 she nails it.

Barra.

P.S. Roo. You forgot to add the Temporary Australian Government

Edited by barra

Roo, very cute. You can speak English ,and still speak another language. The only part that I got was the "pissed and chunder part. New a guy from New Zealand and he was good at that. Stephanie

Ice cold FOSTERS, same in any language Ahhhhhhhh!

LOL...fun stuff, my try

In the arvo (after noon) I went to the olds (parents) for a barbie (BBQ). It was BYO (bring-your-own) so I took some sangers (Sandwiches) and snags (sausages) and a slab (kartong 24 beers). The forecast was for a stinker (very hot) so I was in my stubbies (shorts?) and thongs (sandals type what you use on a beach, plastic). Shazza had acca dacca (AC/DC) blasting and was pissed as a parrot (drunk as an parrot=ape drunk?). It wouldn't be long before she had a chunder (puked)! Bluey had one eye glued to the reruns of the aerial ping pong (tha old first TV game?) on the box (TV) and the other on Shazza, but he had buckleys (no chance) chance there. Out the back the liquid amber (beer) was flowing, the mozzies (mosquitoes) and blowies (some fly?) had everyone doing the Australian salute. Davo had come in his budgie smugglers, he is such a wanker (naughty one...masturbating dude) and a cheap skate to boot. We ran out of grog (drink) so I jumped in my ute (heavy boots) and went to the local (local corner shop). I grabbed some mackers (McDonald burgers) on the way back. I was nackered (tired) by now so I grabbed a possie (confortable possition) next to shazza who was talking piffle (shit) about some feral yobbo at work. I was too stuffed (full) to answer, so she spat the dummy (TV) and pissed off (went out=sleeping).

Missed some words that I have no clue what they are, and tock some guesses:-)

Edited by Tina

wow tina, so close....only missed a few... the full translation will come later...lol

The australian government recently bought in a citizenship test, but many people think a translation of the following paragraph would be enough.

Can you translate...you will be an honorary aussie

I have the full translation ready to Go Roo. I just have to copy paste.

GO THE MIGHTY CATS.

Barra

Edited by barra

Ha ha very good leatheroo I wonder if anyone will figure out the sport and so far I'm thankful no one has got thongs mixed up with what they are in America. I remember a few years ago when an American reporter was interviewing Heath Ledger about what he did on his summer break and he said I got together with a few mates we put on our thongs and went down to the beach. The look on the reporters face was priceless, Heath ended up telling what thongs were in Australia and the reporter seemed mighty relieved.

wow tina, so close....only missed a few... the full translation will come later...lol

There was a few new ones I never heard of before, in a way I'm cheating...One of my best friends in Sweden is an Aussie and my daughter had a boyfriend for over 5 years, yes another Aussie:-)

That's how I first learned the "fugly, uni, bush tucker, billabong" and so on. Wanker comes from my time living in England, they use it a lot:-)

barra, too easy for a true aussie, maybe save the translation for a few days

tina, just so you dont get yourself in trouble.... to call someone a wanker is very different to having a wank!! lol

Dbar. No harm taken. I'm going to remember the flank cinch one. Not many Aussies will know it unless they are into horses and western equitation at that.

Barra

I've always refered to them as Zorries, Beachwalkers or Flipflops, always figgered a wanker was about the same as a butthead. As for the rest I have'nt a bloomin clue.

Ok... this Yank is moving to Victoria in April, so let's see if I've learned anything....

In the arvo (afternoon) I went to the olds (parents) for a barbie (BBQ, cookout). It was BYO (bring your own) so I took some sangers(sandwich) and snags (sausages) and a slab (case of beer). The forecast was for a stinker (hot one) so I was in my stubbies (shorts) and thongs (flip flops). Shazza (Sharon) had acca dacca (AC/DC) blasting and was pissed (drunk) as a parrot. It wouldn't be long before she had a chunder (threw up)! Bluey (Blue Cattle Dog or a redhead) had one eye glued to the reruns of the aerial ping pong (Australian Rules Football) on the box (TV) and the other on Shazza (Sharon), but he had buckleys (no) chance there. Out the back (In the back yard) the liquid amber (beer) was flowing, the mozzies (mosquitos) and blowies (blow flies) had everyone doing the Australian salute (waving their hand around their face to shoo away the flies). Davo (Dave) had come in his budgie smugglers (mens swimming shorts), he is such a wanker (makes a big deal out of nothing) and a cheap skate to boot (didn't bring anything for the BYO). We ran out of grog (liquor) so I jumped in my ute (SUV or truck) and went to the local (town store). I grabbed some mackers (McDonald's hamburger joint) on the way back. I was nackered (exhausted) by now so I grabbed a possie (position, seat, chair) next to shazza (Sharon) who was talking piffle (nonsense) about some feral (hippie) yobbo (person rough around the edges, uncouth) at work. I was too stuffed (tired) to answer, so she spat the dummy (baby pacifier) (got a case of the arse with me) and pissed off (left).

That's my take on the story.

Cheers

Marilyn

Miami, FL to

Melbourne, VIC

in 42 days!!!!

marilyn, you are a winner... 99.9% correct.. the only one you got a bit wrong was the local...when talking beer the local is the local pub..our stores dont sell alcohol.

excellent well done, a true aussie

hey, melbourne is only 1 hour away from me!!!!

Edited by leatheroo

Very well done Marilyn. I must add that beside the local (more than likely the drive thru liquor store or to be more correct bottlo) I am sad to say you got one other wrong. You referred to aerial ping pong as Australian rules football. This is only partly correct. It should have been referred to as

GODS OWN GAME OF FOOTBALL

we in the majority of Australia have a quaint little custom in that in order for the game to be called football, the foot and ball making contact must be a PREDOMINENT aspect of the game and not mearly an odd occurence.

You will be safe tho Marilyn as you are moving to Victoria (the Grand Prix stealing State and self proclaiming owners of Gods own game of football).

Barra

Edited by barra

The plane lands in Melbourne, I don't have much say over that, but I'm not planning on living in Melbourne (Melbun? I'm working on my accent LOL)

I'm hoping to settle in a regional area. Right now I'm being considered for a position in Mildura, time will tell.

I'm sure I'll be sending out an SOS for "where do I get ____?" once I've got my stuff back and have unpacked my workshop and am ready to get back to work.

It's wonderful to know that I have some people I can get local information from.

HHmmmmm football or grand prix... please tell me they aren't on at the SAME time!!!

Cheers

Marilyn

Marilyn. Mildura is a nice town, well city officially I guess. It is right on the River Murray for hours of serenity. Mildura will have all the amenities you need and is only 3 hrs either to Adelaide or (now let's work on the accent time) Melb'n if you want a bit of a big city/retail therapy fix. For leatherwork stuff check out .

http://www.leffler.com.au

OMG they have moved after EONS.

Barra