Sign in to follow this  
mliebs8

Artisan 3000 belt slipping

I just tried out my new 3000 for the first time and the belt slips when you try to start stiching, I actually have to grab the big wheel and help it get moving. I have the bobbin winder wheel set as far as I can get it to get more tension on the belt. The belt feels kind of slick, has anyone put a gates belt on this or am I over looking something. The motor belt seems to be fine and didn't need any adjustment.

Tighten the belt if that don't work give them a call.

I tightened it as much as it will go, the belt seems to be too long. I'll just pick one up tomorrow at the auto parts store.

you might try some belt dressing on it to make it more sticky. I would bet thay did not send you the wrong belt but check the number and may be ask some on in the chat what may have a 3000 and ask there belt number

Russell

Well I called Artisan today and David took care of the problem right away. I didn't know it but the speed reducer is ajustable, all I can say is great customer service and well worth the price I paid for it.