Grunt

Latest Custom Belt out the door.

Here a couple of pics of my latest custom belt. This one is on it's way to it's owner in England

The belt is made of two hand cut strips of 8-10oz Wickett and Craig leather. Dyed brown and finished with Neat-Lac on the liner and 3 coats of Obenaufs LP on the outside.

The customer requested one fixed belt keeper and one "floating" belt keeper. So here is the result.

MoSbelt1.jpg

MoSbelt2.jpg

This is the first belt I have sold. I am pretty happy with how it came out. But as always I will be looking to make the next one better.

Thanks for looking,

Nick

Here a couple of pics of my latest custom belt. This one is on it's way to it's owner in England

The belt is made of two hand cut strips of 8-10oz Wickett and Craig leather. Dyed brown and finished with Neat-Lac on the liner and 3 coats of Obenaufs LP on the outside.

The customer requested one fixed belt keeper and one "floating" belt keeper. So here is the result.

MoSbelt1.jpg

MoSbelt2.jpg

This is the first belt I have sold. I am pretty happy with how it came out. But as always I will be looking to make the next one better.

Thanks for looking,

Nick

Great job, Nick. I'm also looking to put through an order with Wickett & Craig. I was thinking of making a belt with one layer of 10/12 oz Bridle or dyed skirting. Is it correct that your belt is a combined 16/20 oz?

Ed

Great job, Nick. I'm also looking to put through an order with Wickett & Craig. I was thinking of making a belt with one layer of 10/12 oz Bridle or dyed skirting. Is it correct that your belt is a combined 16/20 oz?

Ed

Thanks Ed!

Yes the belt is approximately 16/20 oz. I am also thinking of getting some of Wickett and Craig's Bridle leather. I think a double layered belt made of some nice bridle leather would be real nice.

Please post pics of you belt when it is complete. I also really enjoy pics of your bags. I would really like to make one myself. I just shudder at hand stitching a bag :head_hurts_kr:

Regards,

Nick

Nice job!...Well executed. No dye on the backside edge...you have a steady hand.

I hope you sell many more.

Nice job!...Well executed. No dye on the backside edge...you have a steady hand.

I hope you sell many more.

would one layer of 10 oz bridle be enough for a good belt? Stitching only near and around the buckle, the length of the belt creased.

Ed

nice work. How did you finish the edges?

pete

would one layer of 10 oz bridle be enough for a good belt? Stitching only near and around the buckle, the length of the belt creased.

Ed

I am sure one layer of 10oz. bridle will be fine.

I make these particular belts with two heavy layers in order to add stiffness and rigidity for concealed carry. Most men's belts are one single layer. Although now, I must confess, I have gotten used to a double layer belt and prefer it to a single layer belt. :cowboy:

nice work. How did you finish the edges?

pete

Thanks!

For the edges I sand them starting with a meduim 150 grit sand paper and then move to a 300 grit. Going in one direction lengthwise only. I then use a mixture of Bicks4 and leather dye and burnish with a rough cloth. Next comes beeswax which is burnished the same way, I do this at least twice. That's pretty much it. :cowboy:

Elegant stuff and, Oohh that's some sweet edges by the look of the photos.

Tom

This is a very clean belt. I like it. Job well done.

Beautiful! Nice and clean. Congrats on selling it! Here's to many more! :cheers: