Sign in to follow this  
anovelich

I'm redoing pieces of a costume

Hi everyone!

Ok so I'm redoing pieces of a costume I made (I'm sorry the pics are so dark!):

2007_1030bike0003.JPG

see those funny panels and the shoulder armor?? (well the funny shoes too and I have to fix the belt its too big) I need to know how to make them more like this:

hires12.jpg

if you go here you can get it in a larger image:

http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3/hires12.jpg

So what I need to know is this (please don't laugh too loudly :)) its appears to look like "piping" along the edge of the panels and the coif or is it? and how do I do that lol...

thanks for any input or info to pont me in the right direction! :coffeecomp:

with regard to the coif...I believe they were worn in pairs....an under-coif usually white linen and the outer-coif of a more decorative material. Thus the white edge you see is not piping but a white linen under-coif.

Stunning costume by the way....You are a very talented lady. Welcome to Leatherworker.

David Theobald

Edited by David

with regard to the coif...I believe they were worn in pairs....an under-coif usually white linen and the outer-coif of a more decorative material. Thus the white edge you see is not piping but a white linen under-coif.

Stunning costume by the way....You are a very talented lady. Welcome to Leatherworker.

David Theobald

Thank you David for the info! I just want to do this "right" as possible and do justice to the original costume :)