Tolior

New Guy In Town.

Hello,

I'm brand new to this forum, and about as green when it comes to leather work as you can get. I dabbled a bit with coin bags about three-four years ago, but soon ran out of money for leather. I recently picked it back up again, but all I've made so far is a knife sheath and some key chains. I know absolutely nothing about carving, molding, or any of that stuff; but would really like to learn! I have a small catch: I'm a 21st century college student living on a 19th century budget... I don't have cash to spare, so right now I'm looking for cheaper projects that will help me learn. What I would really like to learn is how to make a rodeo wallet, if any of you guys have any advice on that...

Here is my most recent project. Please critique, you can't hurt my feelings. :)

post-48086-0-82162900-1388240457_thumb.j

post-48086-0-47846800-1388240465_thumb.j

post-48086-0-56710200-1388240474_thumb.j

Welcome to the best leathercraft site. You will find all of the information you need on the site and be sure to ask questions. Many folks here, more than willing to get you headed off in the right direction.

No idea where you are located but you can find a Tandy store or Springfield Leather to get you started and both should have some very reasonable prices. Tandy now has a year end sale going on so might be good place to look around to find a few things you need.

God Bless.

Ray