Hey guys and gals,

I've been watching a lot of youtube cobbler videos and got the idea to try and incorporate a brogue style into a wallet. It just so happened that a good friend of mine wanted a wallet so I figured why not?

I made some mistakes along the way but overall I am pretty happy with how it came out. I started drinking a bit too early on in the process and forgot to put my makers mark on the inside card pocket so instead it's in a corner on the back of the wallet. Also I put the snap on the strap on too early and had to remove it. Which caused some distress to the strap.

The only other hard part was matching up the stitching from around the brogue accents on the outside to the general stitching around the wallet. I ended up just using an awl and going from the outside to the inside where I wanted the stitching to match up. Then I punched all my holes from the inside to the outside based off where the awl holes were.

Thanks for checking it out! Tell me what you like and how I can improve.

Joe

post-50407-0-44488100-1406441756_thumb.j

post-50407-0-55955800-1406441767_thumb.j

post-50407-0-04019700-1406441777_thumb.j

Nice design Joe

I don't like the shape of the back of the strap though, that square bit looks odd.

Nice design Joe

I don't like the shape of the back of the strap though, that square bit looks odd.

Yeah I agree. It doesn't really fit with the rest of the wallet. I'm going to have to try some other stuff for the next one. Maybe an English style strap end point?

That looks extremely nice. The brogue idea is a great one. However, I do agree with Macca that you probably could have tied in the shape of the back of the strap in a more brogue-ish way.

Thanks Monica! Yeah I"ll have to come up with something.

Yeah I agree. It doesn't really fit with the rest of the wallet. I'm going to have to try some other stuff for the next one. Maybe an English style strap end point?

Sounds good to me

Sounds good to me

Right on!

Looks good! Wonder how it would look with a mildly contrasting leather sandwiched in behind the brogue pieces?

Looks good! Wonder how it would look with a mildly contrasting leather sandwiched in behind the brogue pieces?

Oh yeah. I will for sure try it out with some contrasting colors. This was a commissioned item and she wanted it all one color.

Nice work.

Nice work.

Thanks Rohn!

I really like the color on this and the brogue corners look very nice. I agree about the back of the strap too, an English point would look better. I'm sure my wife would be happy to own that wallet!

Love the wallet.

As far as the portion of strap everyone is referring to, why not try a template for the billet off of a ranger style belt, resized? It would give the appropriate curves to make it blend in, and would be fairly easy to resize.

Keep up the awesome work!

I really like the color on this and the brogue corners look very nice. I agree about the back of the strap too, an English point would look better. I'm sure my wife would be happy to own that wallet!

Thank you so much Bob!

Love the wallet.

As far as the portion of strap everyone is referring to, why not try a template for the billet off of a ranger style belt, resized? It would give the appropriate curves to make it blend in, and would be fairly easy to resize.

Keep up the awesome work!

Thank you Stephen! I'll have to look into ranger belts as I'm not totally sure what you are referring to. I'll google search it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Nice job. I love the idea of incorporating dress shoe style brougeing into a wallet. It makes for a classy looking item.

Nice job. I love the idea of incorporating dress shoe style brougeing into a wallet. It makes for a classy looking item.

Thank you very much!

Hi Joe , --- I also agree with others about the rear of the strap, at the very least its a case of conflicting styles.

Im really liking your inside approach. kinda classy. and goes with the outside filigree.

Your styled filagree is a really nice touch, and one I'm guessing will be used over and over by others here. Thanx for searching it out for us. (lol).

Hi Joe , --- I also agree with others about the rear of the strap, at the very least its a case of conflicting styles.

Im really liking your inside approach. kinda classy. and goes with the outside filigree.

Your styled filagree is a really nice touch, and one I'm guessing will be used over and over by others here. Thanx for searching it out for us. (lol).

Thanks Bill! I think overall the wallet turned out pretty good. Took freakin forever but other than that I am pretty happy with it (except for the rear of the strap!).

Yeah ! I would be happy with it too ! Except for the strap as mentioned,

Your work, To me, comes across as fun, creative, coupled with clean craftsmanship. Im a fan !

Thank you for the kind words! They really do mean a lot to me.

Looks good....

Thanks so much!