Sign in to follow this  
cowboykelly

Special Floral Pattern Needed For Hops And Grape Leaves?

Hello all I am new to your leather network and look forward to learning.

I have a brew pub that has requested special tooling as well as a missionary winery and I need to tool Hops and Grape Leafs as well as the hops cones, vines and berries.

Also needed is the grape leaf, vine and grapes them selves.

Anything patterns related to the brewing and wine could be used in the montage mural....but the key is the hops and grapes so if anyone has any suggestions or input I look forward to your ideas.

CK

Edited by cowboykelly

Incredible that I have been working on this "Hops" project on and off for a few days. I am going to dye it eventually but here it is in a somewhat finished state. being a beerhead, I was going to incorporate a shaft of barley into the design but I couldn't figure out how to carve and tool it. maybe someone else out there has?

For a pattern, I Googled "Pictures of Hops" and came up with several drawings. I reduced the one I liked and did a little freehand to make everything fit in 4X4 inches.

There is a Grape & Leaves pattern on the Tandy website that i have used in the past-sorry, no picture. I am always on the lookout for neat patterns. I found a cool grape and leaf one on a placemat from an Italian restaraunt. If I can find it, I'll post a picture.

Be sure to post your finished product.

post-13515-013609700 1280878720_thumb.jp

So far I have a few dozen images pulled off the internet and am looking for -BETTER!

I am also toying with the hops buds and I don't want them to look like PINECONES