Sign in to follow this  
dana

Pfaff 1245 Knee Lift Parts (On The Back Of The Machine Head)

hey everyone. so i got a pfaff 1245 a while back and when i got it part A, 4667878252_0e82ea1416_b.jpga bent rod, was not attached. it looks like it helps pull up part C BUT what happends is that C moves up so far that B will slide off the end and get stuck. 4667878306_f7608516db_b.jpgso what i want to know is:

1- how to install part A so it works (this is the parts in a resting position):

4667878276_4ae0c54fb4_b.jpg

so what's baffling me is that the knee lift works (ive been using it for about a year now without it installed) but i'm guessing it would work better of this part is installed. if i remember correctly with my old highlead 618 i could lower the pressor feet (from the up position) with just pushing the knee lift over. doesnt seem like i can do that with this machine..maybe this partA has something to do with it?

on a somewhat separate note, what does the knee lift on these machines look like? 4667878322_86f0739949_b.jpgthe one in the picture is a knee lift mechanism i used on an old consew 109. but i'm guessing pfaff has their own design (cause they seem to have their own way of doing things).I'm using old bobbins for spacers just to get the thing working a little bit lol. i feel like i can't get the proper leverage with this type of lift. if anyone has a proper knee lift made for this machine for cheap i might take it off your hands.i tried looking for a manual for the older casting like this one but i can't find anything related to the knee lift. thanks for the help

Dana

after more filddling around i've come to the conclusion that it disengages the tension when the knee lift is pushed. i didnt realize this before because the part doesnt engage if you're only using the hand lever to release the foot. (which i was doing) so yeah maybe i solved my own problem? i must have thought it did more. but if anyone has any information on the correct knee lift mechanism for pfaffs let me know. i can't find on online anywhere

It looks like you figured out the problem the legs on a Pfaff knee lifter are longer & the finger that pushes against the lever on the machine has a roller on the end that lets it get all the lift that this machine has.

Let me know if you interested in getting the correct knee lifter for it since we are a Pfaff Dealer.

Bob

It looks like you figured out the problem the legs on a Pfaff knee lifter are longer & the finger that pushes against the lever on the machine has a roller on the end that lets it get all the lift that this machine has.

Let me know if you interested in getting the correct knee lifter for it since we are a Pfaff Dealer.

Bob

Bob, Thank you so much for telling me what i needed to know. How much does the correct knee lifter cost? do you have any second hand ones? i'm a little short on cash right now due to a project i just started but it's something i'll need to buy sometime. thanks

Dana

Dana,

I don't have any used ones but will give Pfaff a call tomorrow & let you know the price.

Bob

Dana,

I don't have any used ones but will give Pfaff a call tomorrow & let you know the price.

Bob

awesome thank you!

Dana,

We it's alot more than what I thought $135.00 for the complete knee lift assembly that mounts under the table.

You might want to ask the people you got it from if they might have it.

Bob

Dana,

We it's alot more than what I thought $135.00 for the complete knee lift assembly that mounts under the table.

You might want to ask the people you got it from if they might have it.

Bob

alright, good to know. that's a good idea though, i'll give you a ring when i get that far, thanks for taking the time to check for me