captain

Best/cheapest Place To Get Vegetable Tanned Leather

So I bought a beautiful shoulder of chromium tanned leather...and even though it's gorgeous, I really want a leather that is going to patina with handling...so I think vegetable tanned is the way to go.

I'm sure this is asked a lot, but where is your guy's favorite place to buy natural leather? I use brettuns village but they don't tend to get a lot of natural stuff in.

Thanks!

2 of the best tanneries out there are Hermann Oak and Wickett & Craig. I get most of my HO from Springfield leather company. Are you tooling at all? If you're not tooling, they have some Craftsman grade stuff from HO that may suit your needs. Just tell them what you're going to use it on and see if they can get you a good piece. Wickett & Craig is available direct. The only thing you have to remember is that "Cheap" and "good" rarely go together when buying leather. I do have some import I get from Springfield too that's not what I would call high-quality, but it's pretty white and tools nicely.

2 of the best tanneries out there are Hermann Oak and Wickett & Craig. I get most of my HO from Springfield leather company. Are you tooling at all? If you're not tooling, they have some Craftsman grade stuff from HO that may suit your needs. Just tell them what you're going to use it on and see if they can get you a good piece. Wickett & Craig is available direct. The only thing you have to remember is that "Cheap" and "good" rarely go together when buying leather. I do have some import I get from Springfield too that's not what I would call high-quality, but it's pretty white and tools nicely.

Thanks!

I won't be tooling.

I'm new to this and I basically just want a nice natural leather that will darken with use/handling.

As far as I can tell that is vegetable tanned leather...but I could be wrong.

I will check out those places. Thanks again!