Made of Tandy's "crocowdile", lined with 4-5 oz veg tan, finished with Fiebing's leather balm with Atom wax.

Not exactly a helluva project but more time-consuming than I thought.

Meant as a lacing practice piece.

Though I made some mistakes, I think that it turned out well enough to be given to one of my daughters.

Comments and suggestions as always welcome.

post-16527-0-53946200-1410953942_thumb.j

post-16527-0-89970000-1410953969_thumb.j

I like it I was thinking of buying some of the crocowdile hide but wasn't sure what the hell I would use something like that for, that's a cool idea!

Nice! One of my kids wants me to buy some of that so I can make them crocodile armor.

Thank you both for responding!

My son loves the cuff I made for him. Friends and and acquaintances of his love it as well and keep asking for something similar.

In order to minimize timme and effort I decided to cut a bunch of cuffs out of Tandy's faux croc. I like the outcome actually better than my own stamping, especially the pieces with the big head ridges. The stuff is thin, a bit stiff and has sharp edges, so it needs lining (with real good glue).

I'll rather stitch than lace this time around the edges (splicing is a bitch!). Sunnyboy may give away or sell the cuffs.

Monica, croc armor is a great idea! Avoiding the repetition of the embossed pattern (if chosen) might increase the necessary effort considerably.

The catchword "armor" let me think rather of asymmetric gladiator stuff (like the steampunk armor that George Hurst builds in an instruction video on Leathercraft Library) than of a knights harness. Be sure to post pictures of the finished product!

post-16527-0-56968700-1411376256_thumb.j

post-16527-0-45061000-1411379252_thumb.j

Thanks, that's actually a good idea. I really had no idea what I had in mind. I haven't even bought the leather, yet. The pattern you posted above would also be cool because they won't readily grow out of it.