Sign in to follow this  
johnggrg

Shooting (Rest)Bag Front And Rear

Hi everyone was looking for a pattern for a shooting rest front and rear. Like a bean bag. Does anyone have a pattern for these? Thank you. John

I made these a while back. I love shooting with them because they work great with lots of different sizes and styles of stocks... Probably not the style you're looking for though.

292139657_tC2Kc-L.jpg

292140170_LrmQ4-L.jpg

292140069_YoNYG-L.jpg

292139258_aRQLs-L.jpg

283492460_qeJ3z-L.jpg

Particle thanks for the reply. That is differant and not what I was looking for but that is really cool very original. I was looking for the bag type that has the groove in the middle for the gun to rest in. Like the commercial one's. Hard to explain it. I guess you could say it has a U shape at the top of the bag. This only for me for when I go to the range. Have no intention of making anything to sell to people. My leatherworking projects are for me and me only. I find no matter what it is I feel better about having something when I know I made it my self. And I know all of you know what that means. Thank you for adding yours here and maybe someone else may know how the other one's are made. John

You're looking for something similar to the following? I have one just like the lighter colored one in the middle that I bought at Cabela's when I first started making mine. If memory serves, it has a filler neck similar to the one I've indicated on the pattern above.

post-6400-097701100 1295272620_thumb.jpg

Yes that is the type I was looking to make. Except all the ones I have seen were a little differant as the rest part was part of the bottom. The rest on those look sepperated and sewn on to the bottom if that makes any sence. what ever is easier to make I guess. But then again if I wanted easy I could just get a sand bag and be done with it. Thanks for help. john