cercyonis

Selling Extra Stuff On Ebay

What has happened to eBay? I have posted various things in the past few months, and hardly even get "views" let alone buyers. No wonder they've eliminated the listing fees. Anyway, if you need any belt buckles, Stohlman manuals, or conchos (to be listed), check out my listings:

http://www.ebay.com/...sid=p4340.l2562

Thanks,

~Jennifer

I went and looked at what you have for sale, you shipping is very fair, but i didn't find anything i needed. As far as lookers and bidders IMO they have things so screwed up that a person has trouble finding anything. You used to be able to search in a catagory. Like if you were in the leather section and searched for a book it showed what was in that catagory. But now it searches the whole site and that's screwed up i don't want to have to look through10 thousand of something that is not the type and has nothing to do with what i want. I told them that in their little comment thing you can click on. Not that it will do any good !!!

Edited by dirtclod

Ebay has really gone down in the last few years. They primarily want stores with hundreds of listings, far less of what it used to be as the garage sale of the world. Also though, looking at what you have listed, your prices are starting the auction as what I can walk into the store and buy things, many people are hesitant to pay full price when they could go to the store and get it there.

Ebay has really gone down in the last few years. They primarily want stores with hundreds of listings, far less of what it used to be as the garage sale of the world. Also though, looking at what you have listed, your prices are starting the auction as what I can walk into the store and buy things, many people are hesitant to pay full price when they could go to the store and get it there.

Really? I did some research and starting-priced my stuff a few dollars less than anything I found, such as the Tandy catalogs and anyone else on eBay. Maybe the shipping ruins the price? If nothing sells, I guess I'll try 'em all at decreased prices yet again. Like I said, fortunately they did away with the listing fees. But they still take 9% of every sale, including the shipping!!!

:mad:

Only the first 50 auction insertion fees are waived. After that you pay depending on the starting price.

Try adding in the shipping costs to the start price of the auction and offer free shipping. Sounds silly, but it's one of the first strategies everyone talks about when discussing this stuff.

Really?

I looked at just two items, both had the starting price of your auction exactly the same as the elite price. A lot of people that are Tandy shoppers pay elite. There are a few of the reqular Tandy resellers that simply walk into Tandy and get best price, then resell online. I don't know how much they make, but usually the people they sell to simply do not check for the sales.

Aaron

I try to avoid use Ebay, and PayPal due to their anti gun policies.

Why use them at all when you can sell them here? There have been a few people looking for the A.S. Leather Case books recently.

I sell on eBay quite frequently and I have found that the listing price is the catch to your ad. Some of my ads that are listed higher because of the item take a little bit longer to sell than my .99, 1.99 and 4.99 listing prices. Also, I do agree that eBay has declined and people moving on to other sites. I would suggest that you try to sell your items to your focus group right HERE. We have many members that are new to this craft and would benefit from most of your items for sale.

Either way good luck!

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I guess I figured if anyone from here wanted the stuff, there it is on eBay. That's why I mentioned it over here. I will be sure and put stuff here first from now on, though!

:spoton: