ngordon

Newbie Looking For Advice

I hate to take up space with something that has no doubt been addressed before so I will keep it short.

I am just starting and looking at primarily auto, truck and boat seats. Would a Rex 26-188 @ $400.00 be a good machine for the price or should i be looking at something newer?

Thanks for any help

Moving this over to sewing machines...

I hate to take up space with something that has no doubt been addressed before so I will keep it short.

I am just starting and looking at primarily auto, truck and boat seats. Would a Rex 26-188 @ $400.00 be a good machine for the price or should i be looking at something newer?

Thanks for any help

Yes, the Rex 26-188 is well suited to sewing vinyl and textured chrome tan leather seat covers. The presser feet have teeth on the bottom, as does the feed dog. The feed is accomplished by the outside foot and feed dog, and the aggressive teeth don't allow the material to slide out of alignment. You can really hold back the layers, taut, and the feet keep it in place. The pull of the feed mechanism is really intense.

I work part time at a leather shop that sold the same machine for the same price. They are solid machines from what I can remember, what few times I sewed with it.

While it's great for cloth or vinyl, you wouldn't want to use the Rex to sew any kind of leather that would retain the tooth marks.

Edited by Wizcrafts