handsw

Fiebing's Pro Oil Dye In Italy/europe

Does someone know where I can buy Fiebing's Pro Oil Dyes in Italy for less than 8 euro/bottle (118ml/4oz)?

Or even in Europe but 8 euro/bottle must include the shipping costs.

Thanks

I buy it from here in Spain for under 7 euros for a 4 oz bottle. Don't know what the shipping will be to Italy though. Send him an email

He's an approachable guy.

http://www.joman.net/curtidos.htm

Cheers

Zip

http://www.zipsleather.com

Edited by El Zipster

For europe just have a look at this topic http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=57101
I added some german suppliers (example: Fiebings Prof. Oil dye for like 5,95), but I don´t know what it might cost to get it from italy. (and if you got some interesting sources, you are welcome to add them ;)

Try www.lederhaus.de

I've used them for several years, and find them to be very helpful.

You will, of course, get your best price if you create a business account. Doing so provides instant discounts. After that, the more you order in the course of several months, the better the discount you get.

Mav

right, and because of that price, they are also mentioned in the other topic (with an advise exspecially for the colours... the leather they sell is crap)
So same for you, if you got some nice suppliers, pls jsut add them to that topic ;)

I already know all the stores you have mentioned. My question was very specific because lederhouse and all other stores have high shipping costs, at least 16 euro. So even if the dyes cost under 6 euro I will spend more than 8 euro /bottle; that because I don't need a large amount of bottles, just 4-5.

handsw,

It sounds like the problem is the size of your order, not the size of the bottles or shipping costs per se.

When I order dyes and finishes, I am also usually ordering two or three sides of leather, buckles and other items. Plus, I buy the large bottles. So, the shipping costs per item are quite reasonable; especially when compared to ordering dyes and other liquids from Tandy's UK store.

Richard, the manager of the UK store, told me the shipping costs for dyes and other liquids would be extortionate if I ordered from them! Which is why I order from Lederhaus.

Good luck. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Mav

Edited by MavericKLeathers

Hi Maverick,

actually I don´t know why you deleted your comment, but what ever the reason is, I´ll still answer to it.
So yes, I was replying to you and I am very sry if my words sound rude to you, that wasn´t my intention. Not at all!

Yes I was referring to that thread again, and I know that I did before like two posts above, but as I don´t know where you are from (except that you are from europe) plus you are ordering from Germany there might be the possibility that you know other interesting suppliers here in Germany I might not know. And the thread mentioned is pinned and not that old so I just try to collect some more informations for those who are interested like the TO. So my post was adressed to you more than to handsw.

So sry for that little missunderstanding.

@Handsw:
I got to second Maverick. In large bottles you pay like half the price for the same amount you´d pay for those little ones, plus making one bigger order might be the way to really save some money, as you pay shipping costs just once. If that´s not the way you feel comfortable with, you might have to look for a shop in italy, because I don´t think you´d find that stuff at a lower price (maybe some cents) and the shipping costs won´t differ that much, too.

Hi Sona,

I deleted it because I was over reacting and thought better of leaving it up.

I'm currently living in Vienna. But I'm getting divorced and will be moving to Bangkok in mid- to late-September. So, I'm under a wee bit of pressure and somewhat out of sorts. Hence my first reply to your message.

Under more normal circumstances your post probably would not have struck me the way it did. Once I realized I was being a bit of an ass, I decided it was best to delete it and hope I had not offended you. If I did, I apologize for having done so.

If I were staying in Europe, your listing would have been ENORMOUSLY helpful to me. Hopefully, I can find something similar before I go to Bangkok.

Keep up the good work! And don't let idiots like me rain on your parade.

Mav

Edited by MavericKLeathers

Haha, okay, no problem for me ;)
I know that people may read the same lines in just a lot of different ways depending on a whole bunch of circumstances. Everything is all right for me and I gotta say thanks for your kind words ;)
My best wishes for your Move and for the rest of your current situation. Hope you´ll find a new home in Bangkok!

Sona