Bigfoote

Hand Stiching Thread Size Help Please.

I need a little help with my thread size here. I have been using the Tejas waxed thread from Tandy for a while now. The main problem with it is it's a little heavy on the wax. I don't know the size as it doesn't say on the spool, and there is no size in the description in the catalogue. I would like to try some tiger thread but don't know what size to get. I am usually working six stiches per inch on two or three layers of 8 oz leather. Can anyone give me a suggestion as to what size of Tiger thread to use? I live in the NWT Canada so I have to order everything in, can't go to the store and take a look. Thanks for your help.

You most likely bought 277 or 346, . . . should be a paper tag under the bottom of the spool.

Personally, I like the thread, . . . and if you want to, . . . pulling it through a clean white cloth will remove the biggest part of the wax.

Personal choice, . . . I use 346 for just about everything, . . . waxed, . . . from Tandy.

May God bless,

Dwight

Dwight, I bought this" http://www.tandyleather.ca/product/tejas-waxed-thread " It doesn't have a tag on it for size. I like the look and size, but just wanted to try the Tiger thread everyone seems to be using, but don't know what size to get. Thanks for replying anyway I appreciate that.

For 6 stitches per inch, either 1mm or .8mm will work. When you get to 8 or more stitches per inch, the .6mm becomes more appropriate. Hope this help

Terry

Thanks Terry that is exactly the information I needed.