here is the slide to my box project, there maybe a few pictures out of order. Sorry. Starting on the inside of the box now. I have been working on this for 9 or 10 months now. All the parts of it was too large for me to work on at home in my apartment so I have been working on it at Standing Bears Trading Post in Reseda CA when ever I got the chance to. I want to Thank Wayne Christensen and Sandi Taylor for putting up with me while I worked on it there. Wayne has been a great insturctor and inspiration to me when ever I got fustrated with it along the way. Give the side a few minutes to load, quite a few pictures in it.

http://www.slide.com/r/_E366nec0T84Su0QjzT...p;view=original

Now to start on the inside of the box and a photo diary of it with all my thoughts and things I learned while doing it.

WOW Anne!!! Congratulations and standing applause to a well done and carried out project :clapping::notworthy::clapping:

I'm very impressed! The size and magnitude of this box is just awesome. Those corner covers is a great idea. I might borrow some ideas from that for my next rodtube, can I?

Well, time for you to put some heavy rock on the player, sit down in your favourite couch and have your favourite drink and just enjoy your finished project.

You came out on top of it!

Good work

Tom

OMG...anne this is incredible to see the whole thing come together...i love the slide show...it gives the size of the box a new perspective for me...sooooooooo much work....i hope you are proud of yourself....this is wonderful work...the size of this project makes me shudder!!!

congratulations.... X 100!!!

Congrats Anne!

That turned out great. I was wondering how it would look with the panels glued on the box, but your finishing touches really worked. I really like the corner panels and the lace. I know you put a LOT of work into this. It was fun watching the progress on it and finally seeing it all put together. Cant wait to see what you do with the inside.

Clay

Anne........Fine looking pc of Craftsmanship............. :thumbsup:

Dang...That is some work you have there:-)

The box came out great and I love all the small details you've also made around the pannels, the endings and the corners etc. It makes it look so "put together", Con'grats :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thank you all for the kind comments.

Tom, use any idea you can from what I did. Isn't that part of why we share pictures of our work to inspire others? I know I have been inspired by lots of things I have seen on this forum.

I have my inside the lid carving pattern done now, just waiting till I can afford more leather for that and the leather I will line the inside of the box with.

I started carving a notebook with parts of the patterns from the box that will be my photo diary, thoughts, things I learned while making this box.

Next big project will be a head and foot board for my king size water bed as soon as I find one I want to cover at a garage sale. Call me crazy but I was inspired by Chris Chapman to do leather work. Here is some of her work.

http://www.chapmandesigninc.com/

I was first exposed to her work in the book Cowboy Chic Western Style Comes Home by Chase Reynolds Ewald bk_cowboy_chic_455.gif

http://www.contemporarywesterndesign.com/w...uuid=9A628-6EDA

http://www.contemporarywesterndesign.com/w...uuid=FB07A-4559

I say if your gonna dream, dream big!

post-55-1223653764_thumb.jpg

Looks great Anne!! Having seen this in person while in process, I know the actual size and scope of this beast, you've done a wonderful job on it!! :thumbsup:

Truly Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never imagined for a minute it was this big. You kept saying "box". That thing is a Hope Chest for a Queen.

:jawdropper::jawdropper::jawdropper::jawdropper::Holysheep::jawdropper::jawdropper::jawdropper::jawdropper: ...i really doubt i would EVER have the patience to do such a monster of a project as that!!...WOW anne!!

darryl

Beautiful work, Anne. Like others, I thought the box was, say 12"x14", but having seen your slide show I can see the scope that went into it. Congratulations on a job well done; and I hope to see a picture of your bed frame when your done.

Absolutely stunning in both skill and design Anne. You are to be commended for such a great project.Love it. Dave