art23

Cobra 4 Standard Feed Plate

Hello I currently notice that my cobra class 4 feed plate is a polished or brushed color. And then I looked at the other plates(holster, stirrup, slotted) and they are chrome or stainless. And a couple of times when sewing it has marked or cut the bottom piece of leather. The only thing I could think of was either the standard plate I have needs to be polished, or it needs to be screwed on tighter or looser. Does anyone here have that plate polished smooth or stainless steel or chrome?

Sorry about the top post. the plate I have is not polished its like a brushed or non polished.

Sand and buff the leading and left edges on the plate. A high polish is always a good alteration. I went a step further and ground off a bit of steel from the left edge, then radiused and polished it. It lets me get closed to items that have raised portions or hardware on the bottom, without switching to a different throat plate..