SabaTexas

Tapadero Patterns

Does anyone know where I can find some patterns for making Tapaderos. I am especially interested in finding instructions and a pattern for rawhide Tapaderos, however any patterns would be appreciated. Regular and overshoe patterns would be great.

HI saba;;

I seem to remmber (Fordsmtack) talking about this a couple of months ago;; check his posts --uper left on his profile..good luck ..Doc..

I have a Tap pattern that is very similar. I usually rivet mine but it would be no big deal to lace them. I make most of my taps with sole leather but I have made some out of rawhide with this same pattern. P.M me if you would like the pattern.

-Ty-

HPIM0321.JPG

post-10704-126658518013_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much for your offer for the tapadero pattern. It will come in real handy and may even save someone from a bad wreck someday. Look forward to getting started making a pair.

Does anyone know where I can find some patterns for making Tapaderos. I am especially interested in finding instructions and a pattern for rawhide Tapaderos, however any patterns would be appreciated. Regular and overshoe patterns would be great.

Hey Saba,

I am new here, so you probably already have your answer. But, Tandy Leather has a Horse Tack Accessory pattern pack, item number 6025-00, with a pretty good Tapadero pattern. I modified their pattern to make a set of "Monkey Nose" taps. Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth. I know how frustrating it can be to search for pattern's.

I don't mean to seem rude, but i would very much like to see your pattern.

I have a Tap pattern that is very similar. I usually rivet mine but it would be no big deal to lace them. I make most of my taps with sole leather but I have made some out of rawhide with this same pattern. P.M me if you would like the pattern.

-Ty-

I know this post is old but I would like a pattern of the tapaderos you have. My email is indigosmith04@sbcglobal.net,

-Ty-

-Ty-

Your taps are the kind I am looking for. Could yousend me a pattern.

Clay