Sign in to follow this  
The Major

Tandy Books

Hi all,

I saw some new items in the last Tandy flyer that peeked my interest, so I picked them up.

They are offering some new pattern books that are awesome. I picked up their Dragon Patterns and Tattoo pattern books, and they are loaded.

Honestly I was expecting a smaller 20 page book like they normally carry, however these books are packed. The Tattoo book has almost 500 pages of usable pattens, from fantasy, to wildlife, celtic knots, celtic crosses, etc. The dragon book is great as well.

Just thought you would like to know.

Edited by The Major

Hi all,

I saw some new items in the last Tandy flyer that peeked my interest, so I picked them up.

They are offering some new pattern books that are awesome. I picked up their Dragon Patterns and Tattoo pattern books, and they are loaded.

Honestly I was expecting a smaller 20 page book like they normally carry, however these books are packed. The Tattoo book has almost 500 pages of usable pattens, from fantasy, to wildlife, celtic knots, celtic crosses, etc. The dragon book is great as well.

Just thought you would like to know.

They also have another book "The Great Book of Celtic Patterns" with about 190 pages. Good book!

I have a few of those books by that publisher that I bought through a woodworking place yrs ago. Same patterns as in my Architecture wood carving patten book as in those. Scoll saw patterns work great for silhouette carvings

I'm still waiting for my local store to get them in stock. I called yesterday and they still can't get them from the warehouse. Can't wait.

Yuppers, exact same. :ranting: And now I am kicking myself in the ass, because I usually check Amazon before ordering books, but alas I did not this time.

Edited by The Major

Major,

Make that two :ranting: . I bought the flower book at the last guild meeting. It is a dandy reference and the line drawings of the flowers pictured are directly useable as tracing patterns. Yep, that is the same book. We will consider it a donation and support for the company that taught leatherworking to the world and go on, heh buddy.

Exactly Bruce. The drawings are well worth the price, and I consider it an investment anyway. How is the floral book? I was considering picking that one up too.

Major,

The floral book is excellent. I have no hesitation in recommending it.

I'm still waiting for our store to get the books too (Allentown, PA) They were hoping for them this past week, but expect them this week. As to getting them off Amazon, you'd have to pay shipping there anyhow...

I'm still waiting for our store to get the books too (Allentown, PA) They were hoping for them this past week, but expect them this week. As to getting them off Amazon, you'd have to pay shipping there anyhow...

Yeah, the books weren't in yet on Friday. mutter. Oh well, I did pick up a Tippmann Boss and the other things that I had actually planned ahead about. Just missed the impulse buy opportunity ;)