Sign in to follow this  
WaG35

Judge Holster Finished

Well a couple days ago I had posted a holster I was working on for my brother for Christmas. It is Finally done. I did a couple things that I hadn't done before: Used my new drill press to make the stitch holes and sand and burnish the edges, used a brown dye, and hand stitched with a pony I made for myself. Here are the stats.

Leather: 7/8 from Zach White

Dye: Fiebings Dark Brown oil dye(Airbrushed)

Finish: Sheen

Stitching: all by hand

Boning: Sharpie

Burnishing: Felt burnisher and beeswax

Let me know what you think. I also made a lightbox for the photography.

judge1.JPGjudge2.JPGjudge3.JPG

post-5623-1229319566_thumb.jpg

post-5623-1229319583_thumb.jpg

post-5623-1229319597_thumb.jpg

Edited by WaG35

Let me be the first to say, that holsters beautiful. As you discovered, revolver holsters present some unique challenges and you pulled it off, buddy. I'm sure your brother will be real happy Christmas morning. I've built a few for S&W J Frames now I have a Colt Python begging for a holster.

Randy

I'll second Randy's comment. Looks great. One thing I did notice though, at least on the back side there does not appear to be a sight channel. Hopefully that's just the way the photo came out since you obviously were able to remove the gun :)

Dan

Thank you both very much. Randy- yes revolvers are a little different. I learned a few things that will make the next one much easier. As for the sight channel, I didn't mold one in, but I did take it easy boning that side and the way the holster is built it kind of formed a natural sight channel on it's own. And the judge has a big front sight.

Very nice job. I have got to make up a light box!