Billsotx

Pull The Dot Snap

Does anyone know of a source for the "male" part (see pix) of Pull the Dot snaps?

post-24-055174300 1344379411_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know of a source for the "male" part (see pix) of Pull the Dot snaps?

The set up shown uses a standard male snap stud set with a machine screw to a T-nut mounting in the holster. I use #6-32 machine screws in 5/16" and 3/8" lengths with three-pronged T-nuts threaded for #6X32. Check out boltdepot.com for supplies at pretty reasonable prices when ordered in lots of 100, 1000, etc. Otherwise you can experiment with a few from your local hardware retailer.

The set up shown uses a standard male snap stud set with a machine screw to a T-nut mounting in the holster. I use #6-32 machine screws in 5/16" and 3/8" lengths with three-pronged T-nuts threaded for #6X32. Check out boltdepot.com for supplies at pretty reasonable prices when ordered in lots of 100, 1000, etc. Otherwise you can experiment with a few from your local hardware retailer.

Thanks Lobo. What I want are about 3 dozens male studs like the one with the circle around it. I've come up short and the 1000s of male Line 24s I have on hand are to big for the Pull the Dot snaps I have one hand. I can work the Line 24s down with emery cloth but it hardly worth the time unless I'm in a real jam. Somewhere on LW I think I saw a source; it was years ago, probably before one of the crashes; at least I couldn't find it.

Again thanks for reply.

Bill

Thanks Lobo. What I want are about 3 dozens male studs like the one with the circle around it. I've come up short and the 1000s of male Line 24s I have on hand are to big for the Pull the Dot snaps I have one hand. I can work the Line 24s down with emery cloth but it hardly worth the time unless I'm in a real jam. Somewhere on LW I think I saw a source; it was years ago, probably before one of the crashes; at least I couldn't find it in "search".

Again thanks for reply.

Bill

One thread I've seen listed them as being available direct. http://www.dotfasten...ll_the_dot.html

Hope it helps. I'm unsure.

Kevin

edit* looking closer, you can get just the males but apparently only by the 100s

Edited by Phatdaddy

One thread I've seen listed them as being available direct. http://www.dotfasten...ll_the_dot.html

Hope it helps. I'm unsure.

Kevin

edit* looking closer, you can get just the males but apparently only by the 100s

Thanks Kevin, that's exactly what I need.

Bill