Sign in to follow this  
IndianaGeo

Help needed in London, UK

Hi Everyone,

I have a course on bag making coming up on 5-6th December and the instructor suggests students have experience using a sewing machine before. I have no such experience but am very interested in learning the process before the class if possible. I don't think I need in-depth instruction but I would like to observe, perhaps, someone simply sewing two pieces of leather together and some general pointers on the process of setting up a sewing machine so that I don't look like a complete newbie to the process. I live in SW London, a transplant from Chicago.

Kind Regards,

IndianaGeo

Hi Everyone,

I have a course on bag making coming up on 5-6th December and the instructor suggests students have experience using a sewing machine before. I have no such experience but am very interested in learning the process before the class if possible. I don't think I need in-depth instruction but I would like to observe, perhaps, someone simply sewing two pieces of leather together and some general pointers on the process of setting up a sewing machine so that I don't look like a complete newbie to the process. I live in SW London, a transplant from Chicago.

Kind Regards,

IndianaGeo

Well, fortunately I was able to find a sewing machine dealer outside of London who gave me an hour long tutorial on how to use a sewing machine. Very interesting.

IndianaGeo

IndianaGeo,

Take a look at our Youtube page, we have a number of tutorial videos there covering some basic functions of the sewing machine such as threading, winding the bobbin, bringing up the thread and more.

Ron