UncleGeorge

Need help selecting another machine

I need a replacement for my Tippmann Boss that is not holding up. What I liked about the Boss was that I could accurately place stitches one at a time and was the primary reason I got it. I was a might intimidated by the faster electric machines as I was skeerd it would be difficult to stitch accurately with the needle goin' so fast. My only experience with sewing leather other than by hand is with the Boss. I don't know beans about other machines and how they operate.

I need a machine that hopefully I can make one stitch at a time with or at least very slowly. It needs to be able to sew through about 1/4 inch holster leather with 346 or 277 thread. I only sew two lines of stitching about 3 inches long per holster with black nylon thread. Easy to learn to operate. Can hold up without breaking parts over reasonable amount of time. Be nice if it wasn't so loud when runnin'. I really don't know what else it needs to be. Can yall give me some suggestions and maybe experience with a certain machine. Appreciate any input mucho. Need to do this soon, my Boss is on the blink.

I'm down in Austin. Be nice if there was a place I could go check out a machine that was reasonably close by. Thanks.

Photo of the holster I make. http://unclegeorgesw...om/default.aspx

Was just lookin' at that Toro 3000. Anyone got any experience with that'n.

Edited by UncleGeorge

I need a replacement for my Tippmann Boss that is not holding up. What I liked about the Boss was that I could accurately place stitches one at a time and was the primary reason I got it. I was a might intimidated by the faster electric machines as I was skeerd it would be difficult to stitch accurately with the needle goin' so fast. My only experience with sewing leather other than by hand is with the Boss. I don't know beans about other machines and how they operate.

I need a machine that hopefully I can make one stitch at a time with or at least very slowly. It needs to be able to sew through about 1/4 inch holster leather with 346 or 277 thread. I only sew two lines of stitching about 3 inches long per holster with black nylon thread. Easy to learn to operate. Can hold up without breaking parts over reasonable amount of time. Be nice if it wasn't so loud when runnin'. I really don't know what else it needs to be. Can yall give me some suggestions and maybe experience with a certain machine. Appreciate any input mucho. Need to do this soon, my Boss is on the blink.

I'm down in Austin. Be nice if there was a place I could go check out a machine that was reasonably close by. Thanks.

Photo of the holster I make. http://unclegeorgesw...om/default.aspx

Was just lookin' at that Toro 3000. Anyone got any experience with that'n.

Call Cobra Steve, I recommend him highly. Good guy, good service AFTER THE SALE, Great Product. Not that the other guys aren't good too. I have had good experiences with Steve. Ken

You might want to go to a place called Bogle Greenwell machinery in Dallas, TX. He carries a very good line of machinery from quite a few different sellers. Ask for Rae Bogle. Tell him Ryan Neel sent you. Phone number is (972) 262-8652.

Good customer service too.

For the money, in my mind, you would be better off to go with a longer arm machine. The difference in price is about $200.00 from a short arm to a long arm, but if you ever decide to sell it, you'll get at least 40 percent more for the longer arm. It will appeal to a much wider audience.

You can also check some of our machines at our website, which is www.cowboysew.com