jwwright

Recent Saddles

post-5250-021142400 1323873328_thumb.jpgpost-5250-080722000 1323873313_thumb.jpgpost-5250-067950300 1323873296_thumb.jpgI hope everyone had a good summer. I haven't put any thing up on here for a while, but have darn sure been busy in the shop. Below are a few photos of saddles I built the past couple of months. A Wade, a skirt rigged ranch versatility, and the rough out is a Tuscon. JWpost-5250-052947600 1323873276_thumb.jpg

Hey JW,

Great looking rigs!

Glad to know that your staying busy, tough times for most folks -- hope to see a change in our economy soon.

I have not tried a Skirt rig yet--seems like it would be a challange to make square and even.

Always like to see what the Mad Cow is up to. Billy

really nice saddles!

may i ask what do you call "skirt rigged"?

i do know about in-skirt rigging versus flate plate rigging

is that one of those?

Thank You Steve, Billy & Aurelie.

Billy, yes I am blessed to have work in the shop. The biggest percentage of my new orders come from repeat customers or referrals, so that helps quite a bit. I've done several in skirt rigs this year, and for me, getting things square side to side isn't too big of a deal, its just all the measurements have to come from the top side.

Aurelie, yes ma'am.......same thing..........skirt rigged / in skirt rigging.

JW

....I've done several in skirt rigs this year, and for me, getting things square side to side isn't too big of a deal, its just all the measurements have to come from the top side.

As for me, measuring the right place of the rigging either on a flate plate system or in-skirt rigging is NOT the BIG DEAL

Ok, it's a pain in the butt to align the rigging the same way on Left and right side, it takes time and i use a ruler with that bubble in the center of it to make sure i am square

as i said, a pain in the butt, but not that difficult

Where i do encounter troubles is when you need to get the bars in the pockets of the skirts....

It's a bit "physical" and i guess i am not doing it the easier way.....

I remember my master telling me :

flate plates are difficult to do but in-skirt is easy peasy

from where i sit, i can say that i prefer doing flate plates than in-skirts...just because of those pockets!

;)

maybe someone got a tips for me! ;)

because , here in France, they 're fond of "In-skirt" and i fear i am not close to build a flate plate so soon ;)

Aurelie, yes ma'am.......same thing..........skirt rigged / in skirt rigging.

JW

Thanks JW! ;)

i am starting to see that it does exist a long list of different names for same thing

i am starting to learn that list ;)

Nice work JW! Nice and clean and not cluttered. I always like to look at your work, especially when it something you've done and it is sitting on top of the stout horse of yours. They just seem to go together.

Bob

Hey JW.

You have apparently been a busy man, and producing very fine saddles.

My compliments!

/ Knut

Hey JW,

I've haven't had much time to view the forum lately but it's nice to come back and see some good looking saddles. Thanks for posting and have a Merry Christmas.

Darcy

Ben......I just saw your comment.........I'm slow as usual. Thank You, and Happy New Year. JW