rmr

Awesome Custom Made Awl Hafts

I just received an awl Haft made by Scott G ( slip angle is his user name) Today- its a piece of art !!! I have 4 other hafts ( 2 Bob Douglas, another custom built, and a osborne). This is hands down ( 100x) the most comfortable one I have. The slight swell at the end gives a very comfortable place to rest your thumb on - which really helps when pushing the awl through the leather. It also has a very functional, as well as aesthetically pleasing, small raised pice of nickel silver that has been placed in line with the awl blade- this allows you, by feel, to be sure that the awl blade is correctly aligned with the stitch line . There rosewood is outstanding.

If you are looking for an awl haft- go no further- this is the best one I have seen and had my hands on. Scott has been a pleasure to work with and is truly a craftsman. KUDOS . He has a post/thread under "items for sale- hand tools- leather working. You won't be sorry for looking at his thread- pictures are also on the thread of his product.

Im one happy "leather worker" camper tonight thanks to Scotts haft!!!

Bob R

Thank you very much RMR,

It was a distinct pleasure to deal with you. Bob R. is one very talented artisan in his own right.

His fly rod cases and fly wallets are stunning.

Very happy one of my tools could lend an assist to your fine projects.

much obliged Bob,

Scott

Thought I'd add a pic of the one Bob bought here, just for the heck of it. Though I like all of the ones I make, some just seem to turn out a hair better than others. This one really came together just right. Size. Shape. And what turned out to be an amazing piece of wood. I never know exactly what it's going to look like until I get the final shape finished. A shape I hope I can get close to again. :>

Awl%20haft%209-2_zpsjiyqmmfb.jpg

Awl%20haft%209-1_zps4footfpq.jpg

Thank you, Boriqua.