thenrie

Second Pair Of Chaps Done. Arizona Shotguns

Finished my second pair of chaps last week. They are Arizona Shotguns, based on Bob Klenda's plans. They require no hardware, other than a 1-1/4" cart buckle for the belt. The leggings are laced together with a 1/2" lace cut from the chap leather. I am planning to use these for horse packing trips, so I didn't want a zipper that might rust or freeze up, get stuck, or otherwise break. I like these a lot. You put them on by turning the legs backwards and sticking your boot down into them, so that the toe comes out at the bottom of the lacing, then turn them around and slide them up. Quite comfortable.

They are made of 5/6 oz oil tanned chap leather I bought from "The Leather Guy" (theleatherguy.org). The leather he lists is pretty much #2 leather, which has some blemish or other, but his descriptions are good and he shows plenty of photographs of the specific piece of leather you are buying. I'm pleased with it. These aren't for show. The pattern was a little small for me, so I adjusted it by extending the width of the upper thigh measurement by about an inch. They're still a little snug for my taste, but I'm starting to get a handle on how to measure for chaps now. There is a little adjustment possible by loosening the lace a bit. All hand stitched. Easy to make, and didn't take much time at all.

I highly recommend these chaps. They are the Arizona Shotgun chaps, patterns by Bob Klenda, Klenda Custom Saddlery (www.klendasaddlery.com).

Working on my first pair of chinks now, patterns also by Bob Klenda.

post-23107-0-93566300-1404250183_thumb.j

post-23107-0-30980700-1404250190_thumb.j

post-23107-0-62417300-1404250196_thumb.j

Good looking set of Shotguns.

These are very good looking chaps.....looking forward to your chinks next!

Ah,, step-in's my favorite kind.

Nice job!

Joel

Step in's are all I will wear also. Great job