wildrose

Pay It Forward

It occured to me that it's been a while since we did "Pay it Forward". If you weren't in on the last one, the idea was that we made a list of those who wanted to participate, then after name taking ended, you were to make and send something to the next person on the list after you. (Or was it the person before you? Been so long I forgot!)

Count me in, Holly. The last ones were fun!

I got stiffed on the last one but I'm willing to give it a go again anyway.

Dan

Holly, on at least one of them, we made for the name following ours on the list, then for the one I volunteered for, I randomized the name list in Excel. It has been a long time since we've done one and it's about time for another since we've got so many new members. I'm in for sure. Let me know if you need any help with it.

Kate pm'd me a fantastic idea, that I think will be both interesting and cut down on shipping costs:

We could make artist "trading cards". They are 2-1/2 x 3-1/2-inch "cards" (in this case of leather) that can decorated any way the artist chooses. I know there are some leather artists making them; some of my friends on Facebook have been showing off their "collection".

We could go a little bigger if some would feel more comfortable with that? Anyhow, I thought it was a really cool thought.

Might take me 'til this weekend to get my new bench put together, what with the snow n all. Long as we're talking about after that, I'm good :)

I've missed getting in on the last couple PIF's you guys had, but please count me in on this one if you get it going. Sounds like a lot of fun!

that is a great idea. (everyone that wants in would do a Trading Card....2-1/2" X 3-1/2 ").

anything you would like to do on leather in this alotted space ?

i'm in..................

I am in !!'

okay, positive responses so far, so let's go with the trading card and set the "take names 'til" date as Feb.3 (a little over a week). Then the list will be published and we'll set a deadline on when your card will need to be mailed to the recipient (I'm thinking Mar.10, that gives a little more than a month). If you'd need longer to get it done, you can always let your person know that. I waited on one and MAN was it worth it. I've loved everything I got so far!

You can make anything you want on your card. The point is to represent yourself; but you may also want to get a feel for things the recipient likes/does if you so choose.

The list so far:

Wildrose (Holly)

TimD

dbusarow (Dan)

TwinOaks

JLSleather

Budd4766

Luke Hatley

jbird (Josh)

CitizenKate

You will make something for the person after you on the list. The last person on the list will make something for the first person. Remember this list is not finalized yet. When we stop taking names, you will be responsible for getting the "real name" and address of your recipient. Remember we have members from all over the world! With cards our other advantage is keeping shipping costs down...

Add me to the list. The PIF is always fun!

I've never seen any of the trading cards- can you show us a few examples?

Crystal

I'd swear one of the leatherworkers posted some on Facebook, but now I can't find it. Will post about it separately and see if we can get some examples out.

There's some about that here. (Secretly looked it up when it was mentioned evillaugh.gif

I love the idea a lot.

i want to be in being new to leatherwork this sounds great

me and Luke was talking about this today

Dscott

i want to be in being new to leatherwork this sounds great

me and Luke was talking about this today

Dscott

Glad you signed up........if by chance your nane is next to mine...you get the Skull with mfmo.. lmao :red_bandana::thumbsup:

i'm in sounds like fun being a newbie to leather carving hope i can do a good jobnotworthy.gif

Donnie Blaze

Edited by DonnieBlaze

I may not be up to tooling yet but i want in . what do i have to do and what is the time limit. this might be a good excercise for my recovery.lol let me know. Gary

I may not be up to tooling yet but i want in . what do i have to do and what is the time limit. this might be a good excercise for my recovery.lol let me know. Gary

Gary at the top of this page is the information that you need for "pay it forward".

List now is:

The list so far:

Wildrose (Holly)

TimD

dbusarow (Dan)

TwinOaks

JLSleather

Budd4766

Luke Hatley

jbird (Josh)

CitizenKate

Crystal

DScott

Donnie Blaze

Leatherman1457

I'm going to take an earlier suggestion and have the list randomized when we're done taking names, so remember that you will likely not have the person who is currently after you on the list!

There's some about that here. (Secretly looked it up when it was mentioned evillaugh.gif

That is EXACTLY what I'm talking about! Thanks!

I want in on this to please. I already created a trading card for it. Mine is 3"x5". My joints have been getting a little tight of late. Business card size is a touch tight for me.  :innocent:

Holly please put me on the list too.

Thanx,

Storm

Edited by Storm

List now is:

The list so far:

Wildrose (Holly)

TimD

dbusarow (Dan)

TwinOaks

JLSleather

Budd4766

Luke Hatley

jbird (Josh)

CitizenKate

Crystal

DScott

Donnie Blaze

Leatherman1457

I'm going to take an earlier suggestion and have the list randomized when we're done taking names, so remember that you will likely not have the person who is currently after you on the list!

That is EXACTLY what I'm talking about! Thanks!

I'd like to be included. ;-)

I would like in as well. I hope my work is good enough. I really like this idea...