Sign in to follow this  
jbird

45Lc Ruger, Blue Gun Or Dummy Gun

Howdy Gang

I need some input what is the best way and were can I get a dummy or blue gun for a 45LC Ruger or something close to it.

I don't want to buy this gun and I need it for a order so what do I do.

Thanks

Josh

Edited by jbird

Josh, without the gun or replica, I would look at Will Ghormly's "Old West" patterns.I have used these before and they fit very well.Fortunately, old style holsters are not heavily molded like thier new counterparts.I was lucky not long ago to pickup a Great Western 44 Special with a 5 1/2" barrel in a trade for a knife.This has allowed my to do most Old West styles.Good luck.Dave

Howdy Gang

I need some input what is the best way and were can I get a dummy or blue gun for a 45LC Ruger or something close to it.

I don't want to buy this gun and I need it for a order so what do I do.

Thanks

Josh

Is the gun a new model Ruger vaquero or an old one. The new model Vaquero is basically the same size as the Colt single action western, where the older version is slightly larger. For dummy guns you can buy the colt replicas which are more expensive than the blue guns. I have picked up a couple dummy guns in revolvers from Western Stage Props in the past for guns that they don't make blue guns for any more ( Western Stage Props ). The only other place that might have the exact copy of the Ruger Old Vaquero is Duncan's (Duncan's).

Will Ghormly's "Old West" patterns are dead on with a nice tight fit ( I use a welt in all my western holsters). I have used his patterns and made the holster, then had the customer bring his gun when he picks up the holster. I show him how to wet form the holster and he takes it with him to dry.

Bobby Rose

Edited by Treed

Josh, without the gun or replica, I would look at Will Ghormly's "Old West" patterns.I have used these before and they fit very well.Fortunately, old style holsters are not heavily molded like thier new counterparts.I was lucky not long ago to pickup a Great Western 44 Special with a 5 1/2" barrel in a trade for a knife.This has allowed my to do most Old West styles.Good luck.Dave

If this is a "New Model Vaquero" it has the same basic dimensions as the Colt SAA. you can get a plastic blue gun of the Colt 5 1/2" from Ring's in Florida. Blue Guns.com...call and ask for a hard copy catalog as the Colt is not shown on their website. it molds up great and costs about $45.00

Thanks for the input guys. Josh