Sign in to follow this  
randyandclaudia

Landis 5 N 1 For Sale

Randy,

Clean it up a little. Get the rust off, extra grease, etc. You can get $600 for it when it looks real nice:)

ferg

Landis 5 n 1 for sale $550.00 + Exact shipping to your door. Thanks for looking.

post-5494-038073700 1344970933_thumb.jpg post-5494-063034000 1344970966_thumb.jpg post-5494-035753200 1344971006_thumb.jpg post-5494-058828700 1344971024_thumb.jpg post-5494-016193200 1344971045_thumb.jpg post-5494-055776200 1344971112_thumb.jpg

Randy,

Clean it up a little. Get the rust off, extra grease, etc. You can get $600 for it when it looks real nice:)

ferg

Ferg,

whenever I purchase a machine, the best part when I receive it is bonding with it by cleaning it. 50 extra dollars isn't worth taking away that pleasure from someone else. Have a great day.

Randy

Ferg,

whenever I purchase a machine, the best part when I receive it is bonding with it by cleaning it. 50 extra dollars isn't worth taking away that pleasure from someone else. Have a great day.

Randy

No matter what you offer for sale on this site, you will either get criticized for the quality of whatever you are selling or your price. Apparently some parts of the country are running over with like new vintage bench machines at bargain basement prices. Good luck on selling your item. I am not in the market for a 5-in-1 but the price looks reasonable to me by what I have been seeing on ebay and the leather supplier I do business with that also is a used machinery dealer. Just my 2 cents worth. Ken

Edited by Ken Nelson

Whatever floats your boat. LOL

I like to use them when I get them.

ferg

Ferg,

Randy

No matter what you offer for sale on this site, you will either get criticized for the quality of whatever you are selling or your price. Apparently some parts of the country are running over with like new vintage bench machines at bargain basement prices. Good luck on selling your item. I am not in the market for a 5-in-1 but the price looks reasonable to me by what I have been seeing on ebay and the leather supplier I do business with that also is a used machinery dealer. Just my 2 cents worth. Ken

Hey Ken,

I see what you mean.

Randy

One hour labor by the guy selling is worth $100 for the guy/gal who doesn't know what it's worth.

Just my idea. I'm old and probably wrong. That happens!

Kevin

One hour labor by the guy selling is worth $100 for the guy/gal who doesn't know what it's worth.

Just my idea. I'm old and probably wrong. That happens!

Kevin

I sold one that looked super good a year ago for $800.00 and it was an offered sale. I currently have two rebuilt, fresh painted splitters for sale that I have been catching a lot slack on the prices of. Funny thing is about two months ago one, not quite as nice, brought $100.00 more than I am asking for mine on Ebay. I guess value on these things is relative to who is wanting to buy. If you want to make the above mentioned 5-in-1 look like the one I had I think you are looking at more than an hours time. Not to mention two new blades. But I am probably too high. I think if you want a like new, or rebuilt one, you should be prepared to pay for that. If you are willing to do some work on one, you should definately pay less. But what do I know? Ken

I am mostly seeing some chipped paint with the original John Deere green underneath showiing through and some light rust on the black that is inconsequential as a user. I am with Ken, the price looks pretty fair as-is for the way these have been selling. To do much more you are going to be taking it down and repainting. I am not sure you are going to gain much when you figure in that time. To be honest, I like to see grease and oil when I buy these. That tells me somebody hasn't been sparing it.

Ihave to agree with you guys about the grease and oil and chipped paint! First of all to me that gives a piece of equipment some character. All of my old equipment have been used by me for over 40 years and all look like they have been used but are in A-1 shape. My old Landis 3 and Landis 16 stitchers need paint but I don't think it would make them sew any better. My old 5 in 1 and splitters and other machines have been great pardners over the years and look their age like their owner, but are used flawlessly 6 days a week! It seems to me that it is always the beginners and part-timers that want to tell you what your machinery is worth, while most don't have enough to even call a shop. Guess I'll just hang on to my old stuff before I let amatuers set the price of their worth! Just my 2 cents worth!

I have had a wood shop for most of my 78 years, not a newcomer/beginner. I have many pieces of machinery including a two head CNC Router. I have sold many pieces also. None ever leave my shop without a do-over to make them like new. Professionals from all walks of life have been in our shops and wonder if we use the machinery because it is so pristine. Fine machinery, just like fine quality product, has made our company a lot of money. Am I proud of that? You bet and the machinery I buy will look as near to brand new when I sell it as it can be.

BTW: Even though we are retired, the shop operates 12 to 14 hours a day 7 days a week from July to February. What do I do the remainder of my time? Pound leather and enjoy life.

That is my .02

ferg

Ihave to agree with you guys about the grease and oil and chipped paint! First of all to me that gives a piece of equipment some character. All of my old equipment have been used by me for over 40 years and all look like they have been used but are in A-1 shape. My old Landis 3 and Landis 16 stitchers need paint but I don't think it would make them sew any better. My old 5 in 1 and splitters and other machines have been great pardners over the years and look their age like their owner, but are used flawlessly 6 days a week! It seems to me that it is always the beginners and part-timers that want to tell you what your machinery is worth, while most don't have enough to even call a shop. Guess I'll just hang on to my old stuff before I let amatuers set the price of their worth! Just my 2 cents worth!

OK ADD TO MY POST.:

Grease/oil it really well. Make sure the knife is good. Your price us more than fair.

that's it

You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Kevin