Sign in to follow this  
MADMAX22

Cross Draw Knife Sheath

Hey guys another question,

Ive got a request from a friend who wants knife sheath made and he wants it to be basically on his back parallel to the belt. The sheath needs to run along the line of the belt in the small of his back.

Has anyone done this and what is the best approach to doing this as far as the belt loops (clips) are concerned?

I think I have scene a few where the belt loop runs around the sheath and buttons on the outside. Sounds like a sound method but not sure if this has proven to be the best method out there or if there are others that work better.

Thanks for advice/input.

Third picture down in this link is what I have scene so far. http://www.kynd.com/~graydg/leather-sheaths.html

Hi Max, I don't think there is a best way to do it just alot of good ways that depends on the user and the knife.From my experience and my customers I usually like a bit of angle put into the loop and if in the small of the back raise the sheath a bit above the belt.I usually sew mine but these could easily be done with snaps as well.Dave

I glue one side of the loop to the sheath and sew it to the back then fold over the loop and sew the other end.

Folts6.jpg

philssheath.jpg

backdrawsheath.jpg

Thats some good ideas, thanks Dave. Allways a great help.

I think Ill talk to him today and see what he may like.