khoiphan92

BRAIDING QUESTION

khoiphan92

This is a 8 plait braid over a 1/4 inch climbers rope core . The pattern is made by keeping the same colored strings on the same side. (4 green on left, 4 yellow on right) Braid in a under 2 over 2. I measure the total length needed including the hand and snap loops and leave about 4 inches of tail for the back braiding. After braiding the finished length, I make sure my ends are secure, condition it and roll it to smooth out the braid. I then position the loops so that the colors match back up and follow the pattern back through and finish it under 3 before I cut the ends, rolling them a second time to even and smooth everything out. I placed a spanish ring knot for a base and then covered it with a pineapple knot. I used just under 92 ft of beveled string for this 6 ft leash which includes the accent knots. (better to be long than short)

Hope that helps and I am glad you liked the leash,

Heather

thanks alot! its beautiful but can you show me pictures or something of you doing it? or a website?

I havent photo logged myself braiding anything yet and it will be awhile before I make up more leashes.

There is an other thread going about references to get you started in braiding.

sorry I couldnt be more help,

Heather

Here is a link that I think is good and easy to see when learning different braiding styles. If you scroll down on the page there is a whole lot of braiding types to learn.

http://www.saroftreve.com/wwl/braiding/braiding.shtml