A while back, I bought a bottle of Eco-Flo Scarlet leather dye. I wanted to try it out on a bookmark to see how it looked. I ended up liking the deep red shade, and apparently so did several other folks. Most of my recent projects have been requested in this color.

So, for your viewing pleasure, here are more red leather items than you ever wanted to see on a single page. :lol: Hope you like 'em. (And thank goodness my next project has been requested in a different color!)

-Alex

bookmark_01.jpg

wristband_06.jpg

keyfob_08.jpg

belt_07.jpg

post-162-1221744763_thumb.jpg

post-162-1221744781_thumb.jpg

post-162-1221744797_thumb.jpg

post-162-1221744807_thumb.jpg

Great Job Alex! I was wondering what the actual color the scarlet would be (I have some)! What weight leather did you use for your wristband and are those line 24 snaps?

Nice color, abn. Looks like those dyes go nice and even on leather.

Hellboy will be looking you up to be a customer. (Can't wait for Hellboy2)

Great Job Alex! I was wondering what the actual color the scarlet would be (I have some)! What weight leather did you use for your wristband and are those line 24 snaps?

Thanks! It's a fairly thin leather -- 4-5 oz. -- so I used the smaller Line 20 snaps.

Nice color, abn. Looks like those dyes go nice and even on leather.

Hellboy will be looking you up to be a customer. (Can't wait for Hellboy2)

So far, everyone who's been interested in this color has been female. Personally, I've always preferred traditional browns and tans, but there's something about the red that gets the ladies' attention...

Great looking stuff Alex!

I could use one or two of those bookmarks!

Tom

A while back, I bought a bottle of Eco-Flo Scarlet leather dye. I wanted to try it out on a bookmark to see how it looked. I ended up liking the deep red shade, and apparently so did several other folks. Most of my recent projects have been requested in this color.

So, for your viewing pleasure, here are more red leather items than you ever wanted to see on a single page. :lol: Hope you like 'em. (And thank goodness my next project has been requested in a different color!)

-Alex

Great job, Alex. Whose belt buckle did you use?

ed

Great job, Alex. Whose belt buckle did you use?

Thanks, Tom and Ed. :)

That particular buckle was from a local saddlery shop, who I understand ordered it from Weaver. It's not my favorite -- it's cast somewhat crudely compared to Tandy's top-line buckles -- but it's what I had at the moment.

Alex,

I know I am coming to the ballgame extremely late here. I just wanted you to know I found the pattern on the bracelet to be very interesting and a creative way to used the camouflage tool for a uniqUe border idea,I believe my girlfriend would love it so if you don't mind I may steal it c fit a project inn the near future she loves fiebings ox blood dye with black antiqueing paste to highlight the tooling so again thanks for the idea one Christmas present down so many more to go lol

Regards,

Scott

Great looking items, Alex. Must give the scarlet a try soon. Did take a shot at a few items with Crimson for some local football fans. They loved it but I had hoped it would be a little "redder". Will have to wok on it .

God Bless.

Ray