Sign in to follow this  
CarvedOn

My First purse...dusted with gold

This is my first purse that I did for my mother. It took me a bit to do it, but she loves it. Comments and critiques are welcome. I dyed it saddle tan and just touched it with green and scarlett dye. Then I did a little gold over the top where I tooled it. Comments and critiques are welcome. The photos are not the best.MVC-269F.JPGMVC-268F.JPGMVC-265F.JPGMVC-266F.JPG

post-7195-126015532242_thumb.jpg

post-7195-126015533041_thumb.jpg

post-7195-126015533934_thumb.jpg

post-7195-126015535669_thumb.jpg

That's purdy! Now you need a clutch purse to go with it. Your pattern should be waiting for you on your email server. Good luck

Happy Holidays.

Thank you so much! I am working on a purse for my sister. After Christmas I think I will work on that clutch. I am planning to take a chap making class too. I am excited about that.

Critique: Backgrounding- Drive the background down farther, almost half of the thickness of the leather. Keep it even and level. This will make your carvings stand out more and not look as flat.

GREAT JOB ...I made one quite like it for mother in law 30 yr's ago,, relaced 2 times ,,,who would have thought it would been such a hit????I know your mother just love it ...DOC......

Thanks! I will work on that tooling. I think I am a bit timid and forget to pound deeper with that mallet and beveler. Well, the whole neighborhood know my mom has a new purse now. lOl......