Grimulkin

How Are 90 Degree Corner Box Structures Machine Sewn?

I wonder if anyone can describe to me how box structures such as brief cases, camera cases etc. that are constructed out of medium weight (5-6 oz.) miter cut leather are sewn. Stitching is not visible on inside corner of work as might seem impossible to me. What kind of machine can accomplish this miracle of precision . I have seen items like this and am baffled as to how this is done. I would be most grateful if any old pows out there could enlighten me.

Many thanks.

I wonder if anyone can describe to me how box structures such as brief cases, camera cases etc. that are constructed out of medium weight (5-6 oz.) miter cut leather are sewn. Stitching is not visible on inside corner of work as might seem impossible to me. What kind of machine can accomplish this miracle of precision . I have seen items like this and am baffled as to how this is done. I would be most grateful if any old pows out there could enlighten me.

Many thanks.

You can saddle stitch those by hand. The edges of the leathers needs to be mitered (skived) into 45 degree angles. There also used to be a boxing attachment you could get for your machine, but those seem to be a thing of the past unless you buy a incredibly expensive machine.

You can saddle stitch those by hand. The edges of the leathers needs to be mitered (skived) into 45 degree angles. There also used to be a boxing attachment you could get for your machine, but those seem to be a thing of the past unless you buy a incredibly expensive machine.

The boxing attachment is listed on the Artisan website at

http://www.artisansew.com/shop/category.aspx?catid=42

as

French Boxing Attachment

French Boxing Attachment of Toro 3000 and 4000 SPECIAL ORDER ONLY

43341 $299.00

Doug