Just a few things I made over the weekend...finally finished that holster for myself..yeahhhh...I "borrowed" the design, but I love this bear paw and since it is for myself no harm done...Checkbook cover was a pain...soooo much detail and sooo big a brushes...haha...

Done in 5-6 oz W&C, holster done in 8-9 oz Springfield.....

Hope ya all like it...

Jimbob

thepost-10280-0-38587900-1402717678_thumb.j

post-10280-0-31579900-1402717738_thumb.j

post-10280-0-87863800-1402717787_thumb.j

Can't speak for anyone but myself, But I think both pieces are good works of art, Nice weekend haul !

Thanks Wild Bill.....I just HAD ! to finish these pieces....yard needed to be mowed, boy needed banjo to be picked up, wife needed landscaping done, dogs needed a bath....and and and.....so I locked myself into the shop...haha

thanks for looking.

Jimbob _____________

Not meaning to dominate this space, just wanted to say ,,

It seems as though you are a man of many talents ? Your leather work has not suffered one bit from the lack of attention,

In fact I'm astounded. The Wolf picture looks so real ! and your bear claw almost jumped out at me. It does, it looks so nice !

In fact its so clean, at first, I thought it was inlaid !

Oh and BTW, I need my Harley washed == Do I need an appointment ? - hohoho ---- keep em comin man

Very nice work on both pieces! I do some painting as well and I know just how much work it takes to get something like that wolf right! Awesome.

The ONLY two things that I see that I might change are minor details on the holster, and mostly my preference. There's a strap peeking out from behind the barrel side which I would have finished a bit more finely, burnishing it if possible. It will probably be hidden when in use, so that's not a huge thing. It looks like the stitching on the trigger side was dyed along with the leather, which is fine if that's what you wanted, but it always seems to me that stitching should is such a hallmark of hand-made leather items that it should contrast rather than match the leather. You put a lot of time into stitching, let it shine!

Bill

Jimbob _____________

Not meaning to dominate this space, just wanted to say ,,

It seems as though you are a man of many talents ? Your leather work has not suffered one bit from the lack of attention,

In fact I'm astounded. The Wolf picture looks so real ! and your bear claw almost jumped out at me. It does, it looks so nice !

In fact its so clean, at first, I thought it was inlaid !

Oh and BTW, I need my Harley washed == Do I need an appointment ? - hohoho ---- keep em comin man

Hey wild Bill...

I am just getting ready to wash my two 200 pounder Mastiffs....so one more HOG will not matter...haha...

Thanks for the praise on my work....just trying to have fun !!

James

Very nice work on both pieces! I do some painting as well and I know just how much work it takes to get something like that wolf right! Awesome.

The ONLY two things that I see that I might change are minor details on the holster, and mostly my preference. There's a strap peeking out from behind the barrel side which I would have finished a bit more finely, burnishing it if possible. It will probably be hidden when in use, so that's not a huge thing. It looks like the stitching on the trigger side was dyed along with the leather, which is fine if that's what you wanted, but it always seems to me that stitching should is such a hallmark of hand-made leather items that it should contrast rather than match the leather. You put a lot of time into stitching, let it shine!

Bill

Goshh...Bill, you have a keen eye....I was hoping nobody sees that and I can get away with being a little bit sloppy...haha....had nothing with a small radius to burnish that cut-out...or being lazy I guess....will do better next time !!! haha

Thanks for looking !!!

Jim