Sign in to follow this  
russinchico

English Saddles

My wifes great uncle passed away a few months ago so her and I went to So Cal to help clean the place up. It was like walking into a "living museum". I never had the chance to meet the man but it was obvious he was very intelligent man. The partially completed projects (as well as completed and stored) were fantastic. In a barrel, in the back of his garage, covered by more projects, was a barrel. In the barrel were several (5 or 6) partially assembled, or dis-assembled english saddles. The leather was VERY warn, and no good. I know NOTING of saddlery so my question is, is there someone that would want the "frames" of old english saddles, or do I just send em to the dump? I'd hate to toss em if they are of use to someone. Any info would be great.

If the frames are broke, it would only be good for demo. if the frames are good (not broke) then some saddler could probably reuse them.

Are the frames wood or plastic? some/most of the english mfgs are using plasic frames now. I have a Passier and AFAIK they use wood frames.

If the frames are usable, I might be interested in some of them. But, I expect shipping costs to Florida would be prohibitive.

Kathy