Sign in to follow this  
HorsehairBraider

three goats that are about to make their last trip

I have three goats that are about to make their last trip - into the freezer. I was wondering if anyone is interested in the hides? It would be in the next week or two that they would be available. If I know someone wants them, I would be more careful how I took them off. I've got enough hides right now and don't need them.

Two are Boer cross 8-month-old kids (wethers) and are white. (They have red heads and legs but you won't see that on the useable hide.) They probably weigh about 50 lbs each. The last one is a 3-yr-old doe, part Angora and she does have some mohair-like curls. She is jet black. The mohair looks very very dark charcoal. She probably weighs around 80 lbs. i'm giving the weight of the live animal to give you some idea of size - I have to guess, as I don't have a scale.

I'm asking for $5.00 for both the white ones and $10.00 for the black one. You would have to pay shipping, of course. I can freeze them - that might be the best. They'll weigh a bit more than if they were dried, but you might have to wait a real long time for them to dry.

If anyone is interested, PM me and let me know. I'd be happy to take a picture of the animals and send it to anyone who wants to see what they look like first.