MissAshley

Leather Lanyard

I was on Etsy looking to buy a leather lanyard and suddenly saw the parts to make one. That got me interested and I wanna make one. Sadly all the parts are not easy to find here in Singapore after going through Etsy for a few days I realise they have all the hardware to make one.

So my question is to make something similar to the lanyard below I need what seems to be

1. Magnetic steel clasp

2. Braided bolo leather

Can I ask something silly what size of braided bolo leather and clasp should I order? Say a 6mm (2-ends) will fit into a clasp with 10mm internally?

And since leather ends are glued to clasp can they hold the ID tag holder and maybe a few stuff dangling from the magnetic clasp, if there is a certain weight wouldn't the clasp be released?

Thanks for any help I can get.

il_570xN611027176_fc67_zps0c4c43a7.jpg

If the end of the clasp is 10mm and you have a 6mm bolo cord you may be able to get away with squeezing the 12mm combined cord into the clasp. If its too tight sand the edges and add some hot glue.

You could use the leather part to hold the card ID, instead of the clasp, but I don't think there should be any issues with weight.

If you are looking to make wallets or card holders visit Johnny at atelier lodge, he has a few classes.

Btw I used to live in Ang Mo kio many years ago. Its nice to see another singaporean on this site.

I don't think Singapore has too many suppliers for leather craft.

Most buy from japan, try leathercraftools.com. Etsy is okay too, you may want to buy from China as they are closest and China usually has cheap shipping.