Sign in to follow this  
ArtS

lace to connect the strap to my saddle

I'd like to use lace to connect the strap to my saddle but I can't figure it out to look right. Can someone describe how this is done. Another question is should it be pointing down or up? I've seen it both ways. Picture attached.

Thanks,

Art

1b_copy.jpg

post-195-1198338283_thumb.jpg

Art,

Ok just watch my hands. buddy. Just kidding. I usually punch them so the point is up. That way if a customer ever takes it off, they can at least relace it on the traditional way when they get confused.

I start with my lace going down the two lower holes from the front. Put a half twist in the lace in those holes, so the grain side is up. Bring the lace around the edges of the strap to the front and back down the orginal lower two holes. Then on the back side bring the tag ends up through the top hole back to the front. Split them and take each on down and through each lower hole to the back side. On the back side slip the ends under the lacing there to secure them and trim the ends. That is the easy way.

I have seen it done where the ends finish up tucked under a parallel strand, but that is harder to explain, and usually takes me having a better mental picture before I start. I usually get that better mental picture after messing it up a couple times.

Thanks Bruce. I'm going downstairs now to practice.

Art