Madebynick

Brand New Scharfixx 2000 Leather Paring Device

Brand New Scharffix 2000 Leather Paring Device For Sale.

Sensible Offers Considered

Scharffix%202_zpsunzscb7h.jpg

Long story short, UPS delivered this late and I had to forfeit the commission for which it was purchased. Outside of this project, I do not have a use for this tool. Unfortunately, the company I bought it from want to charge me $80 to return the product, and so before doing so, I thought I would offer it for sale here.

This tool has never been used, and comes in its original box, with instructions, spare blades, and adjustment wrench.

Scharffix tools are made in Germany and as such are of very high quality. I was very impressed with how well made it is!

For those of you who aren't familiar with this tool, Schmedt, the makers of the tool, have a video here. Skip to 1.26 to see this tool in action.

I'm understandably looking to recoup as much as my original expenditure as possible and will consider sensible offers.

Scharffix%203_zpsx0sobji4.jpg

Please let me know if you would like any further details or images.

Nick

Edited by Madebynick

What is the maximum width leather (and thickness) this will skive?

Hello 25b.

This machine takes a standard disposable razor blade and will skive an equivalent an amount of material - approx 32mm. It is designed for relatively thin leather, probably no more than 4-5oz.

Hope this helps.

Nick

How much do you want for it ?

The tool cost me $400 shipped. As it's brand new, I'm looking for offers as close to that amount as I can get...