thefanninator

April Keep Making Stuff Challenge

I don't know about anyone else but I'm running low on leather so we'll make it a small and simple pattern this month.

tboyce's Coin Purse.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=60091

Get creative!

that looks like a fun one and i have some grandsons that would love them.

I've been wanting to make that one. Sounds fun!

I made this a few weeks back for my niece.

It's an easy project to do which looks and functions great, I used a magnetic clasp.

The problem I ran into was the inside really needs to be a couple of mm smaller the the outside because if you follow the pattern exactly you do get some nast y bunching on the internal fold.

I didn't realize this was the challenge this month but I just finished this pattern. It's really cool and easy to make. Am I disqualified because I did it on March 31?

Redochre, I didn't notice any bunching on mine and I used 4oz veg tanned leather

post-44641-0-80985300-1427977460_thumb.j

post-44641-0-37870500-1427977468_thumb.j

post-44641-0-15185900-1427977477_thumb.j

I didn't realize this was the challenge this month but I just finished this pattern. It's really cool and easy to make. Am I disqualified because I did it on March 31?

Redochre, I didn't notice any bunching on mine and I used 4oz veg tanned leather

Nice work... no disqualifications. This is just for fun.

Redochre - post up some pics too!

If anyone else has already made it feel free to post up pics.

Thefanninator, I was wondering if we should do up a few pictures from each challenge and attach them to the thread from the pattern. If you follow the thread from the drawstring bag, there are no pics of the actual bag that the pattern if for. Maybe just one pic from each completed item? Just a thought.

Good idea... that'd help anyone that comes along after the challenge.

Thought I would try my hand at this one too.

post-6938-0-11770100-1428248270_thumb.jp
post-6938-0-57787800-1428248254_thumb.jp

just to let anyone who is interested know.... I have a plastic template available for 10 dollars in the us... i really love this one. Made a few extras up when I had mine made

Randahl, what did you use to texture the inside of that? I love the thatched look to it.

Hey THR, It's one of Bob Beard's Pro tools. He think he calls it a haystack backgrounder.

I printed the paper pattern, confirmed that the inner and outer pieces are the same, then made a my reusable pattern from a notebook.

I made two of those for christmas, I think I'll give a third one a try so I can finally get in on a challenge. :)

Here are my attempts at the coin purse.
I origionally wanted to use saddle tan by ecco flow but the leather did not take the dye.
So I went with angelus bismark brown. I had some blue thread that was itching to be used.
I hope the pictures loaded.
Thanks,

Phill

I went a slightly different way. Rather then two layers of veg tan I wanted to use a scrap of Horween Essex I had for the inside. It is very stretchy almost like a sheet of rubber, but the problem then was the snap would not work, so I added a strap. I left the Essex in its natural color and I dyed the veg tan in black with white stitching (Practice for a belt I am making).

Here it is. I don't have the snaps in my stock right now. Buying trip tomorrow so I will stock up then. Can't wait to finish it. I thought I would post a picture of what I had so far though.post-59558-0-55137700-1428889668_thumb.j

Edited by Calico Jack

Very cool, all of them. I'm excited to start mine next week. So many options!

Hi All,

Didn't know about this until Monica mentioned it.

Finished the pouch yesterday.

post-59666-0-13850000-1429327833_thumb.jpost-59666-0-13649000-1429327835_thumb.jpost-59666-0-41886500-1429327836_thumb.j

Cheers.

I made one of these for my sister-in-law to go with her black purse, but I couldn't just make a plain black coin purse after all of you made such nice ones, so I made two.

First one is black horween, second one is Derby horween with a piece of ostrich I got with my caiman pack, and lined with veg tanned. 6spi, tiger thread.

post-38542-0-48200400-1430253077_thumb.jpost-38542-0-69645700-1430253076_thumb.jpost-38542-0-03059800-1430253075_thumb.jpost-38542-0-02028900-1430253076_thumb.jpost-38542-0-54744900-1430253072_thumb.j

Nice work Monica.

Great job. Monica.

Thanks guys, I just barely got it done in time this month. :) As a side note, inlaying something soft makes the purse not work quite as well... oh well.