Sign in to follow this  
Bluesman

My New Shop Setup

My wife gave up half of our lower level family room for me to make into a leather work shop. I don't have a basement, live in WIsconsin, so the garage is out. Next best thing, here you go. I grabbed an adjustqable table, hydraulic legs adjust the height 12". Added a top and an old 1" piece of marble. This along woth my granite slab and wallla........tooling bench. Picked up some small shelving to house the dyes, finishes and odds and ends and that's all neat. lLso grabbed another 5' x 3' table top and utilizing some plywood and a couple of folding horses, and we got a cutting and finishing bench. Best thing is that the balance of the room has a 42" HD TV with some kick 5.1 surround sound. So, we can jam while we tool.

Thanks,

Jon

post-27800-059969000 1330311866_thumb.jp

post-27800-094127700 1330311874_thumb.jp

post-27800-046358800 1330311882_thumb.jp

post-27800-081679900 1330311889_thumb.jp

My wife gave up half of our lower level family room for me to make into a leather work shop. I don't have a basement, live in WIsconsin, so the garage is out. Next best thing, here you go. I grabbed an adjustqable table, hydraulic legs adjust the height 12". Added a top and an old 1" piece of marble. This along woth my granite slab and wallla........tooling bench. Picked up some small shelving to house the dyes, finishes and odds and ends and that's all neat. lLso grabbed another 5' x 3' table top and utilizing some plywood and a couple of folding horses, and we got a cutting and finishing bench. Best thing is that the balance of the room has a 42" HD TV with some kick 5.1 surround sound. So, we can jam while we tool.

Thanks,

Jon

Looks really nice. Just don't get dye on your hands or pants and go sitting on that white chair/couch.

Actually Sil, its a leather love seat. What else but, leather furniture in a leather work shop. :rolleyes: I have to send out thanks to Frank from Rockin' K. I paid him a visit on Friday and got the ideas for the hanging canvas rags, with the hand cutout, and the plastic bins to organize. Sure makes a difference with the two benches and when I know were everything is.

Thanks,

Jon