Sign in to follow this  
jimmy eng

Amazing Custom Tool Chest

This is a short clip of Piano maker who made a wall mounted chest to fit 300 tools in it. It's just the most amazing thing, a work of art. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=710_1301768433

Hi Jimmy & Everybody,

A few years ago, I lived near Boston, & I had the opportunity to see that tool box up close. The video, just doesn't do justice to all the time & effort into building it. I'm sure Mr. Studdly had over a thousand hours in making it. The box I made for my Son, which is not even a 100th of what the "Studdly" box is, it still took over a 100 hours to make.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=25877&st=0&p=163021&hl=bearman&fromsearch=1entry163021

So if you ever get a chance to go see that box,,, I'm sure you will be amazed also! Thanks for sharing Jimmy.

Ed the"BearMan"

I just checked, it appears to be at the Smithsonian now. Here are a couple detailed pictures:

post-7175-048726400 1302193629_thumb.jpg

post-7175-044287600 1302193650_thumb.jpg

post-7175-007077100 1302193668_thumb.jpg

Thats a bloody impressive piece of kit.

Now who wants to build on bearman's beautiful attempt and build a complete leather kit in a brief case???