Haven't posted anything for a while, so I thought I would put up a pic of my recent Stingray holster project for a Walther PPQ. I had purchased two beautiful hides months ago and was literally nervous to start cutting on them ;) Anywyay here is the final product... oh, and you can't see it in the pic, but I did full shark skin on the back. Thoughts, critiques, etc. are more than welcome!!

post-13450-0-70901300-1358370627_thumb.j

Edited by Sixer

Nice job! HOW did you sew through the shark? dremel?

pete

Looks good. I despise working with stingray.

Sweetness! That is one nice looking holster.

Nice job! HOW did you sew through the shark? dremel?

pete

Thanks fellas! Sewing through the shark was easy... the stingray, not so much ;) I just went for it, no dremel or anything. The little calcium beads definitely deflect the needle every which way. The needle would also crush or break the occassional bead... I was cringing the whole time I sewed it :) But no broken needles! Fortunately, the black thread is hard to see on the black hide... so the stitching didn't have to be "perfect". My Cobra Class 4 did a great job!

All said, stingray is definitely a challenge to work with... but it wasn't as scary as I anticipated. Not really looking forward to doing it again though!

awsome work sixer..it turned out great...i broke 2 needles the other day on my cobra sewing a 3/4 inch welt..not sure how that happened yet...

That ray looks great.

I love the look of stingray but have never worked with it. Would it be easier to keep the stitching straight punching the holes with an awl? I assume a groover wouldn't work at all.