bdetteg

Craftool Stamp Collection From Estate Sale

I recently purchased a 384-piece leather stamp collection from an estate, but I am finding that they are not going to suit my needs. Frankly, I want to purchase some better quality stamps, but this is such a cool collection, I thought I would post it here to see if there is any interest. I can always portion the tools down to batches and sell them on Ebay, but I'd rather keep them in one collection if possible. The stamps came in a wooden case, with drilled holes and labels and a stamped impression for each tool. There are a couple of empty slots, but there are also a few tools which haven't been labeled. Included are 12 swivel knife blades, one of which is a hair blade. I have performed no cleanup of the tools; there are a few rusty handles and some dust or oxidation on the tool faces. I have no reason to believe they would not all clean up well.

In addition to the tools, there is a ten-binder collection of The Leather Craftsman/The Craftsman/Make It With Leather magazines dating from 1957-1982. Four magazines are missing--Volume VIII #1, Volume IX #6, and Volume XI #2 and #3. None of the pull-outs are still in place, and a couple of the magazines have fused the front or back covers to the binders. As is normal with magazines of this age, some of them have condition issues. Each binder has been tooled, so it's actually a neat collection.

I've uploaded larger images than are permitted here to a publicly accessible share https://plus.google.com/photos/105111956290374641336/albums/5992158349871818209.

I'd like to get $800 for the stamp collection, and $500 for the magazine collection, not including shipping. If you are in southern California, we can come up with delivery plan, particularly if you want the wooden storage box the stamps came in (it's about 4 ft wide by 2.5 feet deep and about a foot tall). If you are not in southern California, I'll need to investigate shipping costs; shipping the stamps/box or the magazines to the East Coast will likely be fairly expensive. We can discuss that more if you decide you would like the stamps but not the box.

You can respond by email or text me at nine oh nine, 213 oh six oh nine.

Wow.....I collect swivel knives especially unique and vintage ones. If you come across any please keep me in mind. Good luck

That is a very nice collection and a very fair price on the tools. If I weren't moving my shop soon I'd be tempted.

Good Luck, it should go quick.

Oh, tempting.... you are close enough to come get them. I am in the 909 too.

I wish I would come by an estate sale like that. They would have a hard time getting me to leave lol.