Tommykay98

Hello From Louisiana!

Hi, my name is Tom and I'm a wanna be. I wanna be a leather crafter but I'm a long way off from that. I recently started in this addictive hobby and I am hoping to get good enough to earn a little income with it. Just a little. I am really amazed at the craftsmanship visible on these pages. I have been practicing some and hope to post a few pics soon. I have learned its not a cheap thing to get into, I cringe thinking about the $16.00 worth of leather from eBay (3 small pcs.) that I mangled up already. But, it's fun, challenging and taking over my mind! Thank you all for being here.

Welcome Tommy.

You might want to try to locate a saddle maker who will sell you his scrap leather. Lots cheaper than EBay.

If you need some help with sheaths and holsters, holler at me. Glad to help.

Jim

Thank you Robert.

And thank you Jim. I was able to find 1 saddle maker and 1 saddle repair and tack maker. I've sent them emails and one has replied. So I'll see where this goes. Thanks again for the great idea.

Heck, wish I lived in Texas or California, seem to be many a saddle maker in those parts.

Hello from Liverpool (or close enough) uk

You might also try a saddle maker here in Ada, OK.....David Saige.... Check out explore Ada, David Saige on youtube

I'll give it a try, thanks Avion.

Latest update: The saddle maker has called me and has turned out to be a very friendly and helpful person. We had a great conversation. He gave recommendation's on tools and books and may even let me visit his shop for a few pointers. I feel extremely blessed to have such a great opportunity.