Nuttish

Round Chisels

I don't like how diamond shaped holes look when cross stitched to join edges.

I've never seen round point lacing chisels, so I thought I'd ask.

I've never seen a round chisel either, but you could contrive something yourself by marking the positions with a pricking iron or an overstitch wheel and then making the actual holes with some sort of stubby round awl like an old dart head or a cut down scratch/round awl.

This is for prototyping for production. I don't want to punch hundreds of holes by hand. I'll eventually have dies made, but I'm looking for an interim solution that won't give me carpal tunnel syndrome.

If I was going to build a prototype of what you speak.......

I would buy stainless steel tubing the size you need for your holes, grind the outside diameter perfectly. Use a stainless steel channel the correct size for the OD of the tubing. Drill holes in the channel over each tube to place a screw that would thread into the end of the tube to hold them in place thus making the tubes replaceable/sharpened. You would then need a fixture for the channel that could be fitted to what ever machine/press you desire. You would also need a hole in the side of each tube for dispensing the leather divit.

Just my .02 lol

ferg

What sort of leather weight are you talking about?